Build in Canada Innovation Program eligibility
To be pre-qualified to sell your innovation to the government, your company and innovation must meet specific requirements.
Any private company, not-for-profit organization, university or individual can submit a proposal.
Specifically, you or your organization must:
- be Canadian or partnered with a Canadian bidder
- own the Intellectual Property rights for the proposed innovation or have been granted a licence to the Intellectual Property
To be eligible to apply to the Build in Canada Innovation Program (BCIP), your innovative product or service must:
- fall within one of the priority areas
- never have been sold commercially
- meet the required technology readiness levels
- cost no more than the following dollar amounts (before taxes, shipping and proposed travel and living expenses):
- include minimum 80% Canadian content
- have never before received a contract through this program for the same innovative product or service.
- Submit a proposal to the Build in Canada Innovation Program
- Read the frequently asked questions about eligible proposals
- Date modified: