Federal Government Portfolio
- One of the largest and most diverse real estate portfolios in the country:
- 40,000,000 hectares of land,
- 23,000 owned and leased properties,
- 37,000 buildings,
- 25,000,000 square metres of floor space.
- Portfolio includes: offices, laboratories, military bases, embassies, prisons, remote housing, national parks, border crossings, bridges, dams, navigational aids …
Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC)
- "Common Service Provider": Provides federal government organizations with the office space they need to carry out their programs.
- Specialized space is the responsibility of each department or agency.
- Provides real property services (e.g., design, property management, leasing) to other departments and agencies.
- Carries out space procurement in an open, fair and transparent manner that achieves best value for Canadian taxpayers.
- Enforces federal standards for such things as accessibility and environmental sustainability.
What is Task and Solutions Professional Services (TSPS)?
TSPS is a new tool for the procurement of task and solutions based professional services.
Three (3) methods of supply:
- Task Based Standing Offers (SO);
- Task Based Supply Arrangements (SA); and,
- *Solution Based Supply Arrangements (SA).
TSPS was launched on July 1st, 2010. It currently includes three professional service classes:
- Human resources services;
- Business services/change management services; and,
- Project management services.
Why does the Government want TSPS?
- Fair, open and transparent procurement.
- National breadth.
- Allows the federal government to out-task programs of work.
- Convenient access to a large pool of qualified consultants.
- Integrate business-type services (e.g., feasibility studies) with project management.
- May be used directly by federal government departments and agencies.
- Flexible: a variable work volume can be accommodated on an "as required" basis.
Addition of Real Property Project Management Services Class
- New Class added: the Real Property Project Management Services.
- This new class of services will provide the federal government with a convenient means of contracting with private-sector companies for a wide variety of project management services pertaining to real property.
- A pre-qualified list of real estate-related companies that the federal government can draw upon to submit proposals for work.
- Termed "project management" but it will deal with most aspects of the real estate development life-cycle from portfolio planning to project inception, approvals and project delivery.
- A notice for each refresh was posted on the Government Electronic Tendering Service, MERX™, in July 2011.
Human Resources Services Class
- 1.1 Human Resources Consultant
- 1.2 Classification and Organizational Design Consultant
- 1.3 Employment Equity Consultant
- 1.4 Employee Relation Consultant
- 1.5 Compensation Consultant
- 1.6 Human Resources information System Consultant
- 1.7 Leadership Development Consultant
- 1.8 Staffing Consultant
- 1.9 Human Resources Policy Development Consultant
- 1.10 Human Resources Assistant Consultant
Business Services/Change Management Services Class
- 2.1 Business Analyst
- 2.2 Business Continuity Consultant
- 2.3 Business Consultant
- 2.4 Organization Development Consultant
- 2.5 Business Process Consultant
- 2.6 Change Management Consultant
- 2.7 Needs Analysis and Research Consultant
- 2.8 Business Architect
- 2.9 Statistics Specialist
- 2.10 Knowledge Management Consultant
- 2.11 Information/Record Mgmt Specialist
- 2.12 Evaluation Services Consultant
- 2.13 Performance Measurement Consultant
- 2.14 Subject Matter Expert
Project Management Services Class
- 3.1 Project Administrator
- 3.2 Project Manager
- 3.3 Project Leader / Executive
- 3.4 Project Planner
- 3.5 Quality Assurance / Management Specialist
- 3.6 Risk Management Specialist
- 3.7 Procurement Specialist
- 3.8 Financial Specialist
- 3.9 Project Monitor
- 3.10 Technical Writer
Real Property Project Management Services Class
- 4.1 Project Administrator for Real Property
- 4.2 Project Manager for Real Property
- 4.3 Project Leader for Real Property
- 4.4 Project Planner for Real Property
- 4.5 Financial / Cost Specialist for Real Property
- 4.6 Portfolio Planner for Real Property
- 4.7 Claims Analyst for Real Property
- Services provided by each Consultant Category can be found in the RFSO and RFSA solicitation documents posted on Merx.
Task and Solutions Professional Services (TSPS) - Procurement Tool Overview
- This tool is updated annually to qualify firms and adjust evaluation criteria where necessary.
- Standing Offer and Supply Arrangement options:
- Standing Offer:
- < $250K upper limit;
- fixed per diem rates;
- qualified firms experienced with smaller scale projects.
- Supply arrangement:
- unlimited $ value;
- ceiling per diem rates;
- qualified firms experienced with larger projects.
- Two-stage evaluation process:
- Stage 1: General, companies qualify to be placed in pool (yearly); and
- Stage 2: Specific, companies/people qualify (each procurement request).
Services Not Intended for TSPS
- Real estate brokerage, leasing services
- Construction services
- Property management services
- Communication services not related to a specific real estate project
- Risk specialist services not related to a specific real estate project
Use of Other TSPS Classes
- Human Resources: Wide variety of human resources services including training.
- Business Consulting/Change Management: Used by real estate organizations to improve their roles, processes, policies and general management and effectiveness of their organizations: does not require real estate experience.
- Project Management Services: Used by real estate organizations for the procurement side of project management; does not require real estate experience.
Other Procurement Mechanisms
- Professional Services (PS) Online: under $76,600
- MERX postings (tendering process): individual or unique projects, construction services, solicitation of leased space
- "Alternative Forms of Delivery" for Property Management
- Real Estate Services Standing Offers (Regional)
- Appraisal Services Standing Offers
- Investment Banking Services
- Architectural & Engineering Services Standing Offer
- Private Public Partnership (P3) Standing Offer
- Risk Management Standing Offer
Apply to Other Classes, if Appropriate
- Real property organizations also expect to draw from the other classes as well as the real property class.
- Change management/business consultant class will be used for studies related to the internal organization and workings of real property organizations.
- Human resources class will be used for training, etc.
- Project management services class will be used for procurement services.
Why Should my Company be Interested?
- Business volume opportunities: large portfolio with federal government's intention to out-task more work.
- Projects can be "leading edge" in terms of environmental sustainability, heritage conservation.
- Some work can have regional or national prominence and can be considered "trophy projects".
- Easy to plan: Projects are often stable and long-term and the "Solutions" aspect will allow companies more flexibility in resourcing projects.
- Reduced marketing effort: we come to you to request proposals.
- Government commitment to small and medium-sized enterprises.
For more information about TSPS
*This method will not be included in the refresh.