PSPC's People Management Philosophy and Our Commitments
People Management Philosophy
As an organization, PSPC strives to give all its employees opportunities to achieve organizational, professional and personal goals in a respectful and inclusive workplace, mobilized and supported by leadership at all levels. We value our integrity and our service oriented culture as well as our innovative contributions to excellence in government operations by contributing to our commitments in our day-to-day activities.
As employees, we contribute by…
- Acting with integrity to maintain a workplace that is true and transparent in carrying out our duties.
- Striving for excellence in our work and following through on our commitments, by contributing to the work environment and our team.
- Keeping ourselves informed of the Department's activities by consulting information sources and attending meetings.
- Seizing the opportunity to have open and honest discussions about our workload.
- Taking advantage of opportunities to respectfully express our views.
- Participating fully in performance feedback sessions through open, honest and respectful dialogue.
- Showing our leadership at all levels.
- Seeking out and following through on opportunities for learning and development using the various tools available.
- Carrying out our work in a way that respects linguistic duality and values diversity.
- Taking advantage of the services and work arrangement options provided to us by the Department.
- Supporting the creation of a healthy and safe work environment that promotes individual and organizational well-being.
We as managers, contribute by…
- Using empowerment as a lever to further support integrity in all aspects of the work.
- Setting high quality standards and finding ways to achieve them by working with employees.
- Communicating openly, respectfully and honestly with employees using various tools and focussing on face-to-face communication.
- Having open and honest discussions pertaining to workload and helping employees find solutions.
- Providing opportunities for employees to respectfully express their views.
- Offering regular and constructive performance feedback through open, honest and respectful dialogue.
- Demonstrating leadership that inspires, motivates and supports employees.
- Providing learning and development opportunities to help employees achieve business and career goals.
- Nurturing linguistic duality, diversity, and an inclusive and respectful work environment.
- Supporting personal goals and work-life balance without jeopardizing organizational and operational requirements and performance.
- Ensuring the health and safety at work of every employee and fostering a culture of well-being.
- Date modified: