RCMP E Division Headquarters Relocation Project Fact Sheet
- Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) have undertaken a project to build a new facility to house the RCMP's E Division Headquarters.
- The new headquarters facility will be located at 14200 Green Timbers Way in Surrey, B.C., commonly referred to as the Green Timbers site.
- Presently, RCMP E Division Headquarters personnel are inefficiently housed in aging facilities at the Fairmont site at 37th Avenue and Heather Street in the City of Vancouver, and at numerous other locations throughout Metro Vancouver.
- The Fairmont facility was non-purpose built, is significantly overcrowded, poorly located operationally and reaching the end of its useful life.
- The Green Timbers site will provide a central, integrated, purpose-built headquarters facility for E Division.
- The RCMP E Division Headquarters Relocation Project is a major Crown initiative to relocate and consolidate existing RCMP headquarters units throughout Metro Vancouver to a new site in the City of Surrey.
- The project is a public-private partnership (P3) between the Government of Canada and Green Timbers Accommodation Partners and represents PWGSC's largest federal accommodation project in Pacific Region to date.
- The new 76,162 square-metre facility will meet current safety and security standards and provide office and purpose built accommodation for over 2,700 E Division Headquarters personnel.
- The facility will meet LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Canada gold certification, incorporating the latest in green technology and standards for construction and facility management.
- February 6, 2008
Advance vendor notification issued
- July 8, 2008
Request for qualifications (RFQ) issued
- October 23, 2008
Short-listed proponents announced
- March 31, 2009
Request for proposals (RFP) issued
- April 22, 2010
Project agreement signed
- May 7, 2010
Official groundbreaking ceremony
- December 23, 2012
- Green Timbers Accommodation Partners has agreed to a fixed price of $966 million to design, build, finance and maintain the facility for a term ending 25 years after construction.
- Included in this amount is $263 million for design and construction (including $120 million which will be paid by Canada during the construction phase) and $703 million for project financing, building maintenance, and lifecycle repair and renewal over the term of the agreement. Additionally, Canada will pay $8.9 million in insurance costs over the 25 year period for a total of $975 million.
- Green Timbers Accommodation Partners has also agreed to a time schedule that will see the construction of the facility completed by December 23, 2012.
- Under construction
Artist renderings (indicative only)
A larger version of Artist renderings is available on a separate page.