Tunney's Pasture Master Plan (TPMP)
Tunney's Pasture Master Plan
The Tunney's Pasture Master Plan provides a 25-year vision and the direction needed for major investments in existing buildings and future developments at the Tunney's Pasture site.
Tunney's Pasture is located approximately four kilometers west of the City of Ottawa's downtown core. The 49-hectare site is bounded by the Ottawa River and the Ottawa River Parkway to the north, Scott Street and the communities of West Wellington and Hintonburg to the south, Parkdale Avenue and the community of Laroche Park (Mechanicsville) to the east, and the community of Champlain Park to the west. The site is located in Kitchissippi Ward 15.
Public Works and Government Services Canada's role
As the main custodian of Tunney's Pasture, Public Works and Government Services Canada is responsible for the Master Plan project. The Department strategically manages its real estate portfolio to optimize existing federal office space and meet the government's need for affordable, productive work environments and a full range of real property services.
About the plan
The Tunney's Pasture Master Plan was developed through a strategic vision, the development of different land use options and iterative stakeholder engagement and input.
The Tunney's Pasture Master Plan is based on the following key objectives:
- creating a leading-edge employment community;
- providing flexibility to meet the continuously evolving needs of government departments and agencies;
- achieving high standards in urban design, planning and sustainable development;
- taking full advantage of the Tunney's Pasture transit station as a key transit-oriented development;
- focusing on community integration;
- guiding long-term investment;
- contributing to the federal image;
- respecting the Gréber legacy; and
- implementing a more effective and efficient use of the site.
Taking the above into consideration, the Tunney's Pasture Master Plan will guide the transformation of Tunney's Pasture from a traditional employment centre to a vibrant, mixed-use neighbourhood. This will be founded upon transit-oriented development best practices, progressively integrating with surrounding neighbourhoods, and providing a high quality public realm as well as amenities for the broader community.
In meeting the above objectives, key features of the Tunney's Pasture Master Plan include:
- an employment retail hub and key transit station civic plaza at Tunney's Station, providing a community focal point and an entrance gateway to Tunney's Pasture;
- the capacity for office and other employment opportunities for approximately 22,000 to 25,000 employees;
- the capacity for a multi-unit residential development of 3,400 to 3,700 units, offering opportunities to live close to work and public transit;
- a block devoted to a major community park for active community use;
- integration with adjacent neighbourhoods and enhanced connectivity and interface with Ottawa River lands;
- a development strategy for lands along Parkdale Avenue that sensitively addresses uses, heights and open-space connections;
- enhanced connectivity through a finer grain urban street grid, pedestrian/cycling routes and community linkages; and
- built-in flexibility to support federal portfolio needs and address variations in real estate market demands.
Contact Tunney's Pasture Master Plan
We thank you for your interest in the Tunney's Pasture Master Plan.
Before you contact us, please read our Privacy Notice Statement.
The Internet is a public forum and electronic information can be intercepted. This is not a secure website. Please do not disclose unnecessary confidential information about yourself or your accounts with PWGSC.
- Date modified: