French-to-English revision mentoring session [1 day] (SFE-203)
This workshop is conducted in English. The Translation Bureau also offers a one-day English-to-French revision mentoring workshop conducted in French. For more information about the equivalent course in French, consult Séance de mentorat en révision de textes traduits de l’anglais au français [1 jour] (SFE-103).
Do you have trouble assessing the quality of a text? Would you like to provide better characterizations and justifications for your interventions? Are you told that you over-revise, and would you like to be more measured in your interventions? If so, this workshop gives you an opportunity to receive personalized feedback on the quality and relevance of your French-to-English revisions. Activities are based on the expectations of the participant and his or her supervisor as well as on the needs identified by the trainer.
Course code: SFE-203
- Open to
Anyone revising English-to-French texts.
Participants must have spent at least half of their time on revision for at least 12 months.
This activity is conducted in English.
- Learning objectives
At the end of the one-day session, participants will have:
- improved the quality of their revisions
- learned to justify interventions
- learned to avoid common pitfalls
- learned how to avoid wasting time
- identified their strengths and weaknesses
- learned how to initiate a self development process
- Analysis by the trainer of recent revision samples
- Readings and exercises selected in light of the participant’s needs
- Revision exercises
- Discussion of the various aspects of the profession, such as the relevance, justification and degrees of interventions, revision pitfalls, relationships with those being revised, motivation and development, time management and useful reference tools
This workshop is offered upon request.
- Number of participants
One at a time as this activity is tailored to individual needs.
- Course fee
$1,495 (free of charge for Translation Bureau employees)
20% discount for members of a recognized professional association with proof of current membership (photocopy of membership card).
To register for this workshop, please consult the registration procedure and form for Translation Bureau courses web page.
- Date modified: