Offering your linguistic services to the Translation Bureau
To offer your linguistic services to the Translation Bureau as a self-employed individual, freelancer or firm, you must first qualify. The qualification process varies depending on the type of service offered.
For information about the qualification process, select the type of service you would like to offer:
- Interpretation in the official languages
- Interpretation in Aboriginal or foreign languages
- Interpretation in visual languages
- Translation or transcription in the official languages
- Translation in Aboriginal or foreign languages
- Terminology (in official, Aboriginal or foreign languages)
To offer your linguistic services to federal departments and agencies other than the Translation Bureau:
- Search for active business opportunities (active tenders) with the Government of Canada in the Services category (enter the keyword “translation” or other relevant keywords).
Existing qualified suppliers
Are you already qualified to offer linguistic services to the Translation Bureau and registered in its directory of linguistic services suppliers? If so, refer to:
- If you are offering your services to the Government of Canada for the first time, learn about the procurement process: Selling to the Government of Canada
- For information on how to get a job at the Translation Bureau, refer to: Careers with the Translation Bureau
- Date modified: