Information bulletin: Excluded real property agreements
Other format available for download:
Information bulletin: Excluded real property agreements - PDF version (107KB)
(Help with alternative formats and plug-ins)
This information bulletin is effective April 4, 2016.
The Ineligibility and Suspension Policy enables Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) to issue information bulletins associated with the policy to provide greater clarity for informational purposes only.
Exclusion of specific types of real property agreements
The Ineligibility and Suspension Policy excludes:
- licences of occupation for access to Federal real property on third-party lands; and licences of occupation or land use permits for access on third-party lands.
- transactions concerning an interest of land acquired through the Expropriation Act.
The Ineligibility and Suspension Policy defines licence as any right to use or occupy real property or an immovable, other than
- a real right within the meaning of the civil law of the Province of Quebec and the rights of a lessee under a lease of an immovable, and
- an interest in land.
Immovable is defined as:
- in the Province of Quebec, an immovable within the meaning of the civil law of the Province of Quebec, and includes the rights of a lessee in respect of such an immovable; and
- in jurisdictions outside Canada, any property that is an immovable within the meaning of the civil law of the Province of Quebec, and includes the rights of a lessee in respect of any such property.
Objective of exclusion
This exclusion, taking into consideration geography and the ‘immovable' nature of real property, will ensure that land required specifically for its physical location and an organization's operational needs remains accessible. In addition, when an interest of land is expropriated, it is done so in the public interest; applying the Integrity Regime to these transactions is therefore unnecessary.
How to contact us
If you have questions, please contact the Integrity Regime team:
- Toll free:
- Date modified: