Public Works and Government Services Canada
Alert: Beware of scammers posing as members of Phoenix team
Recently, Public Services and Procurement Canada was informed that employees have been receiving calls from an alleged recovery agency about reimbursing overpayments. These individuals claim to be working with the Phoenix team and are looking to recover overpayments made to employees.
The Government of Canada is not using collection agencies to collect payments related to Phoenix. Overpayments will be recovered directly from employees’ pay cheques. If you have an overpayment you wish to repay, you may contact the Phoenix call centre to make arrangements.
If you receive a suspicious call from an agency claiming that you need to repay an overpayment, do not provide personal information such as your address, credit card or bank account number and do not make payment arrangements with this agency. If the fraudulent agency contacts you, please report it to your local police and to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre and discuss it with your departmental security officer, who will guide and advise you on how to protect your personal information.
Phoenix pay system
Our Services and Information
- Find government surplus goods for sale
- Translate a term – TERMIUM Plus®
- Find Government of Canada tenders
- Find a Government of Canada publication
- Pay and pension services for government employees
- Enrol in direct deposit for government payments
- Discover Canada's Parliamentary Precinct
- View public notices in the Canada Gazette
- All of our services and information
- Date modified: