Web updates for the request for visit form and changes to our web content
August 10, 2016
This communiqué provides an update about our online information and services, including:
- online availability of our new request for visit form
- upcoming changes to our web content
Request for visit form—now online
The request for visit form is used by organizations in Canada or abroad to request a visit to a Government of Canada site.
The new request for visit form is now online. We have also provided instructions for completing the form.
You can complete the request for visit form in Portable Document Format (PDF) or Hypertext Markup Language (HTML). Some PDF viewer plug-ins found in current web browsers may not be able to load the form. If your current browser does not load the PDF, we suggest downloading the PDF and using a PDF reader to view and fill out the form. For more help with alternative formats (such as PDFs), visit Public Works and Government Services’ alternative formats and plug-ins web page. You can also use the HTML version which has all the same functionality of the PDF version.
Please note that the method for submitting your request for visit remains the same: the completed form should be submitted to the Contract Security Program, Visits and Document Control Unit, by email to SSIVisites.ISSVisits@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca.
Changes to our web content—coming soon
Over the next few months, we will be posting new and updated web content. Changes to our web content are part of a government-wide web renewal initiative. Through this initiative, the Government of Canada is merging all department and agency websites into one website called Canada.ca. This will make it easier for you to find and access government information and services using any type of device, including computers, tablets and smart phones.
What does this mean for you?
Our content has been redesigned and rewritten following Canada.ca principles, and with feedback received during user testing. It will provide you with up-to-date and user-friendly information about security requirements for contracting with the Government of Canada, as well as internationally.
You will see changes phased in over the next few months, as follows:
- New content will be posted to our existing website starting in the fall of 2016
- in some cases, you will be automatically redirected to new content
- in other cases, you will be brought to the new main page
- All of our content will be migrated to Canada.ca replacing the existing site by the end of 2016
- you will be redirected to the main page of the new website until the migration is complete
- we will issue a follow-up communiqué, with links to our new web content, once the migration to Canada.ca is complete
This major undertaking has been carefully planned to make the transition as smooth as possible. We ask for your patience as we move our content to Canada.ca.
If you have any questions or require assistance, contact us by:
- Toll-free: 1‑866‑368‑4646
National Capital Region: 613‑948‑4176
- Date modified: