- CGSB: a leader in conformity assessment and standards development
- CGSB: International Activities
- CGSB: International collaboration
CGSB: a leader in conformity assessment and standards development
Canada is signatory to international agreements, such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the World Trade Organization (WTO) Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT). These agreements require the removal of barriers to international trade through the alignment and harmonization of standards between trading economies. In the field of conformity assessment, the Standards Council of Canada has entered into mutual recognition arrangements that pave the way for Canada and other countries to accept each other's results.
We support these international efforts and participate actively in standards development and conformity assessment harmonization. Our international products and services have helped move the quality agenda forward in Canada and abroad.
The CGSB currently serves clients in the United States, Latin America and Southeast Asia. We actively collaborate with public and private sector organizations. This is important to the international success of the CGSB.
We are proud of our international work and confident our services will respond to your needs.
For more information, Contact Canadian General Standards Board.
CGSB: International Activities
Our international products and services provide a portal to government procurement and a method for harmonization of international practices. Through transfer of knowledge, communication and education, we assist organizations globally to achieve quality.
The CGSB collaborates with organizations in various countries not only to develop national and international standards, but also to assist organizations in moving towards quality products and services through certification against international standards, education and research. CGSB international activities include:
- Administration of Canadian Advisory Commitees of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) committees,
- Secretariat to ISO committees,
- Standards development through a consensus approach for a wide variety of subject areas,
- Registration to ISO 9001:2000 (quality management), ISO 14001 (environmental management) and OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety),
- Certification or qualification of products and services from abroad, and
- Education for a number of different stakeholder groups through conferences, seminars and workshops on quality and related topics.
CGSB: International collaboration
The CGSB maintains a network of international contacts with governments, international and national standards organizations, associations, non-governmental organizations and private firms. This network enables us to learn from other international leaders and provide to our clients the most up-to-date and globally recognized products and services.
- Date modified: