The Office of Small and Medium Enterprises
The Office of Small and Medium Enterprises (OSME) - Ontario Region was established in August 2006 within Public Works and Government Services Canada to support the Government of Canada’s commitment to a procurement system open to small and medium and regionally based businesses.
- To ensure fairness, openness and transparency in government procurement;
- To support the government’s agenda to provide value to Canadians by:
- Analyzing the relationship between government procurement and the economy;
- Encouraging and assisting small and medium enterprises’ (SMEs) participation in the federal government procurement process;
- Bridging the gap between suppliers and government departments through outreach; and
- Influencing positive change within government acquisitions on behalf of SMEs.
- We provide information, counseling and training services to SMEs that want to do business with the government;
- We help reduce competition barriers and simplify the government contracting process;
- We identify and pursue opportunities that encourage the introduction of innovative new products and services;
- We collaborate to improve procurement policies and best practices; and
- We work closely with the SME community to ensure their concerns and views are brought forward and heard.
Buyandsell.gc.ca is the Government of Canada’s new user-friendly procurement Web site. It is the main location to find information about doing business with the Government of Canada. Buyandsell.gc.ca brings together content from Contracts Canada and other Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) procurement sites and re-organizes it to be user-friendly.
- Date modified: