2015 to 2016 at a glance—2015 to 2016 Annual report on Government of Canada advertising activities
$42.2 million spent on advertising in 2015 to 2016.
38.6% spending decrease from last year.
2014 to 2015: $68.7 million
2013 to 2014: $75.2 million
Advertising was active 8 of the twelve months of the fiscal year.
49 out of 85 institutions advertised
132 digital media buys
51% spent on television; 34% spent on internet advertising; 15% print, radio, out-of-home.
Over 70 advertising campaigns, for example:
- How to pay your taxes
- Prevent prescription drug abuse
- Honour men and women in uniform
- Learn about armed forces opportunities
- Electronic travel authorization
- Learn about royal Canadian mounted police careers
- Syrian refugees settlement effort
- Canada’s 150th confederation anniversary.
- Date modified: