Contact direct deposit
The Receiver General for Canada manages direct deposit for the various benefits and payments you receive from the government. You may contact us with your general questions and comments or to seek help in enroling.
Inquiries about late payments or to change your information on file
Find answers to your questions
Enrol in direct deposit
- Direct deposit for individuals with a Canadian bank account
- Direct deposit for individuals with a foreign bank account
- Direct deposit for businesses and suppliers
Complete the enrolment form
Mail the enrolment form
- Receiver General for Canada
- PO Box 5000
Matane QC G4W 4R6
Before contacting us, please read our Privacy notice statement.
For your privacy and safety, please do not submit your personal or banking information using this email form. To enrol in direct deposit, visit one of the links above.
Banks, credit unions, tax preparers and community associations looking to order direct deposit enrolment forms, return envelopes and marketing materials in bulk, please provide the name and mailing address of your organization as well as the quantity of materials required.
Other ways to contact us
- Receiver General for Canada
- Floor 11A2
Portage III Tower A
11 Laurier Street
Gatineau QC K1A 0S5
Agents are available:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday, 7 am to 7 pm eastern standard time, except for statutory holidays
- Thursday and Friday, 7 am to 10 pm eastern time, except for statutory holidays
- In Canada or the United States:
- 1-800-593-1666 (toll-free)
- Outside Canada and the United States:
- +1-613-941-6402 (collect call)
- 1-844-524-5286 (toll-free in Canada and the United States, collect call elsewhere)
Privacy notice statement
Provision of the information is on a voluntary basis. We will use the information for the purpose of responding to your questions/comments, and to improve our internet presence. The information will be held in Public Services and Procurement Canada's Personal Information Bank number PPU 115 Internet and PPE 830 intranet Services, and it will be retained according to the retention and disposal schedule established for this bank.
Your personal information is protected under the provisions of the Privacy Act. Under the act, you have the right to request access to and correction of your personal information, if erroneous or incomplete. If you wish to avail yourself of this right or require clarification about this statement, contact our Privacy Coordinator at email@example.com. For more information on privacy issues and the Privacy Act consult the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
For more information about your rights, visit Info Source. This is a Government of Canada publication available in major libraries, at government information offices and from constituency offices of federal Members of Parliament.
The Internet is a public forum and electronic information can be intercepted. This is not a secure website. Please do not disclose unnecessary confidential information about yourself or your accounts with Public Services and Procurement Canada.
Contact the department or agency that issues your payment
To change your banking information on file or report any problems with your payment, contact the department or agency that issues your payment.
- Direct deposit for Canada Revenue Agency
- Direct deposit for Service Canada
- Direct deposit for Veterans Affairs Canada
- All other departments and agencies
- Date modified: