ARCHIVED Roles and Responsibilities

Warning This Web page has been archived on the Web.

Archived Content

Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.

Information: GCintranet disclaimer

This information is only accessible from inside the Government of Canada network.

Note This document has been modified. The changes are identified by a vertical line "|". Revision (|)


Activity Plan Members Compensation Advisors Public Service Pension Centre (PSPC) Pay Offices
Obtaining information Obtain information from the "Your Public Service Pension and Benefits" Web portal and/or contact the PSPC. Review the Service Buyback Package information from the Web portal. Provide contact information including the "Your Public Service Pension and Benefits" Web portal address, a toll free telephone number, an email address, a facsimile number and a mailing address for inquiries related to Service Purchase. (Contact Us)

Encourage plan members, using the telephone system, to select the appropriate service option to ensure prompt assistance by a pension expert.

Provide information on elective service.

Support members with navigating through the Service Buyback Package and estimate tools and provide explanations, if necessary.

Obtaining estimates of cost Calculate and review estimates of cost using the secure or non-secure service buyback estimator available on the Web portal.   As requested, prepare and provide to plan members, a Service Buyback Package including estimates of cost, benefit of service buyback and necessary forms.

Estimates of cost will be provided immediately based on information readily available.

| Making the decision to buy back Obtain and complete forms PWGSC-TPSGC 3006, PWGSC-TPSGC 2005 or PWGSC-TPSGC 2092, and T2033, if required, from the Service Buyback Package located in the "Your Public Service Pension and Benefits" Web portal.

For pensionable employment outside the public service, obtain and complete form PWGSC-TPSGC 2069 and, if applicable, T2151, and send to previous employer.

Keep a copy of all forms for your personal records.

  Receive and verify election forms PWGSC-TPSGC 3006, PWGSC-TPSGC 2005 or PWGSC-TPSGC 2092.

Upon receipt of a signed election form, send to the plan member, an acknowledgement letter including the election deduction details and a tax deductibility explanation letter for income tax purposes.

Receive and verify completed forms PWGSC-TPSGC 2069 and, if applicable, T2151.

Obtaining information on election deductions Access the Compensation Web Applications or view your pay stub to verify if deductions have been commenced, amended or stopped. For more information, contact the PSPC. For election deduction inquiries, inform plan members whether action has been taken on the election deductions' commence, amend, stop and/or refund.

Direct plan members to the PSPC for more details.

Commence elective service deductions immediately upon receipt of PWGSC-TPSGC 2270.

On transfers, receiving organizations commence election deductions.

Release election refund cheques.

Upon receipt of a signed election, fax the PWGSC-TPSGC 2270 to the compensation advisor.

Monitor all deductions (commence, amend, stop and refund) and respond to all inquiries regarding elective service deductions.

Obtaining medical forms

Contact the PSPC to obtain forms PWGSC-TPSGC 2081 Publiservice and Health Canada/ Santé Canada 3312.

Complete the "Member's Personal Information" section of form PWGSC-TPSGC 2081 Publiservice and have your physician complete the "Medical Practitioner" section. Once completed, mail it to the PSPC.

Record your personal information on form Health Canada/ Santé Canada (HC/SC) 3312 and have your physician complete the medical information section. Once completed, mail it to Health Canada.


Mail forms PWGSC-TPSGC 2081 Publiservice and HC/SC 3312 to plan members, as required.

Receive form HC/SC 3011 from Health Canada.

Providing missing forms and/or information Provide missing forms and/or information to the PSPC. Conduct a file review in order to certify salary, service and leave without pay, as requested by the PSPC, within 60 calendar days. Conduct file review, process forms received and determine if missing information /forms.

Request missing forms and/or information from plan member and/or compensation advisor.

Finalization of election Receive form PWGSC-TPSGC 2097 or 2221. Receive one copy of form PWGSC-TPSGC 2097. Send copy of form PWGSC-TPSGC 2097 to plan member, pay office, and compensation advisor.

Send copy of form PWGSC-TPSGC 2221 Publiservice to plan member and pay office.

In the majority of cases, refund plan members on behalf of Crown corporations.

Receive copies of forms PWGSC-TPSGC 2097 and/or PWGSC-TPSGC 2221 and amend, stop and refund deductions as required.
Past service pension adjustment. Receive form PWGSC-TPSGC 2468, if applicable.   Send form PWGSC-TPSGC 2468 to plan member, if applicable.  
Election defaults Receive notification of election defaults and respond with repayment option.   Identify elective service defaults.

Notify plan members of repayment options for all defaults.

Pay Offices recover defaults of $150 or less (instead of less than $150) without PSPC's approval.

Regional pay offices identify and report defaults for Fund 1 elections payments up to September 30, 2003 only (data collection start date in the Election Payment Tracking Module). Non-regional pay offices identify and report defaults until April 2011.

Balance owing information Request balance owing on elective service from the PSPC. Recover balance owing upon request from the plan member. Respond to plan members with balance owing within 60 calendar days.  
Election information on termination process   Complete and send form PWGSC-TPSGC 2386 to pay office and to the PSPC (termination process). Receive final form PWGSC-TPSGC 2386 from pay office and process as applicable (termination process). On completion of form PWGSC-TPSGC 2386, regional pay offices report election payments for Fund 1 elections up to September 30, 2003 only.

Non-regional pay offices report election payments until April 2011.

Reinstatement of transfer value Receive notification of transfer value reinstatement option from PSPC.   Advise re-employed plan members of the one-time opportunity to reinstate a prior period of pensionable service for which they received a transfer value.