ARCHIVED CD 1999-033
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
October 5, 1999
SUBJECT: Automation of Transfer Process--Phase 2
1.1 The purpose of this directive is to advise clients of the change in procedures with respect to the automation of all Master Employee Record (MER) adjustment transactions done as a result of the transfer process. New error messages are also being introduced as a result of the implementation of Phase 1 of the transfer project.
1.2 In this text, use of the masculine is generic and applies to both men and women.
2.1 This directive should be read in conjunction with Compensation Directive 1999-023 dated May 3, 1999 entitled "Automation of Transfer Process".
2.2 Phase 1 of the Transfer Project, which included the moving of On-Line screens from the pay office to the client departments was implemented in July 1999.
2.3 Phase 2 of the Transfer Project, which will be implemented on October 15, 1999 includes the following:
- Automate all MER adjustment transactions formerly done by the pay office;
- Implement additional system edits to ensure the accurate processing of transfer information.
2.3.1 When a transfer occurs, adjustments are required to an employee's MER. This is done to ensure that the amount of premiums and deductions taken to-date are taken into consideration when calculations are done for the new pay account.
3.1 Phase 2 of this project will be implemented on October 15, 1999 and will have minimal impact on the client departments. The adjustment transactions will be automatically generated and they will process in the same update as the transfer-in (TIN) and the transfer-out (TOU), along with any other transactions for that account. This will eliminate the over deduction of premiums such as Canada Pension Plan, Quebec Pension Plan and Employment Insurance.
4.1 The following new departmental error messages are being introduced:
- "WARNING - EFFECTIVE FROM DATE MISMATCH ON Pay Action Code (PAC) 03/PAC 04". This warning message will be produced and sent to both departments when the effective date on the transfer-out does not match the effective date on the transfer-in. It will then be the responsibility of the department to make the required corrections.
- "TRANSACTION REJECTED - NO MATCH ON FORMER/NEW P.O. OR DEPARTMENT". This error message will be produced and sent to both departments when the value entered to identify the NEW and/or FORMER employing PO /DEPT on the TIN and/or TOU does not match. It will be the responsibility of both departments to verify the accuracy of the information and resubmit the transactions.
- "MASTER HAS ONGOING OVERPAYMENT RECOVERY - PAC 18R REQUIRED". This warning message will be produced and forwarded to both departments when an employee pay account has an ongoing overpayment recovery and is transferred. It will be the responsibility of the transfer-in department to contact the transfer-out department to obtain the pertinent information and to start the recovery of the overpayment.
5.1 Any requests for information regarding the foregoing should be addressed to your Public Works and Government Services Compensation Services Office.
Original Signed by
Government Operational Service
Reference: CJA 9000-30
- Date modified: