ARCHIVED CD 2002-025
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
November 1, 2002
SUBJECT: Treasury Board -- Pay Zone Reduction for the General Labour and Trades (GL), the General Services (GS) and the Hospital Services (HS) Groups
1.1 The purpose of this directive is to provide you with information concerning the reduction in the number of pay zones, as stipulated in the collective agreement signed on November 19, 2001, for the GL, GS and HS groups. This directive also provides a list of the new pay zones and their respective regions.
1.2 The reduction of these pay zones applies to employees who are members of the aforementioned groups and who have Treasury Board as their employer.
1.3 In this text, use of the masculine is generic and applies to both men and women.
2.1 There will be an amalgamation of the current pay zone structure which will result in the number of pay zones for the GL, GS and HS groups being reduced from seven to three.
2.2 The Pay Rate Control File (PRCF) has been updated with the new pay zones on October 24, 2002, for the GL and HS groups and on October 31, 2002, for the GS group. The effective date for all three groups is August 5, 2000.
3.1 The new pay zones will be as follows:
GL Group (BUD 603/653)
- Pay zone 101 (amalgamation of pay zones 101, 106 and 107)
- Pay zone 102 (amalgamation of pay zones 102, 103 and 104)
- Pay zone 103 (formerly pay zone 105)
GS Group (BUD 604/654)
- Pay zone 201 (amalgamation of pay zones 201, 206 and 207)
- Pay zone 202 (amalgamation of pay zones 202, 203 and 204)
- Pay zone 203 (formerly pay zone 205)
HS Group (BUD 606/656)
- Pay zone 301 (formerly pay zone 307)
- Pay zone 302 (amalgamation of pay zones 301, 302 and 303)
- Pay zone 303 (amalgamation of pay zones 304, 305 and 306)
3.2 The new pay zones and their respective regions are as follows:
- GL 101, GS 201 and HS 301 - British Columbia, Yukon, Nunavut and Northwest Territories
- GL 102, GS 202 and HS 302 - Atlantic, Quebec and Ontario
- GL 103, GS 203 and HS 303 - Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta
3.3 The Regional Pay System (RPS) currently reflects the seven pay zones in use prior to the new collective agreement. A bulk change will be processed on November 4, 2002, thereby reducing the number of pay zones to three, each containing the correct pay rates allocated to the new pay zones.
4.1 Any request for information regarding the foregoing should be addressed to your Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) Compensation Services Office.
Original Signed by
Government Operational Service
BUD 603/653, 604/654 and 606/656
- Date modified: