ARCHIVED CD 2010-023: Information Notice to Employees
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
QUEBEC PERSONAL TAX CREDITS AND DEDUCTIONS -- 2011 TAXATION YEAR
The purpose of this notice is to provide you with the Quebec personal tax credits and source deductions for the 2011 taxation year.
The "ministère du Revenu du Québec" (MRQ) has announced the changes to the personal tax credit and source deduction amounts for the 2011taxation year. The "Source Deduction Return 2011", form TP-1015.3-V (2011-01), has been modified to include the changes below:
- The basic amount will be increased from $10,505 to $10,640.
- The amount transferred from one spouse to the other will be increased from $10,505 to $10,640.
- The amount for the single-parent family will be increased from $1,525 to $1,545.
- The amount for each minor child engaged in full-time vocational training or in post-secondary studies will be increased from $1,940 to $1,965.
- The basic amount for every other dependant will be increased from $2,820 to $2,855.
- The amount for a person living alone will be increased from $1,230 to $1,245.
- The amount with respect to age will be increased from $2,260 to $2,290.
- The amount for retirement income will be increased from $2,010 to $2,035.
- The reduction threshold used to calculate net family income (this income is used to calculate the amount for a person living alone, or with respect to age, or for retirement income) will be increased from $30,490 to $30,875.
- The amount for a severe and prolonged impairment in mental or physical functions will be increased from $2,390 to $2,420.
If you had claimed any of the above credits in the past, you are encouraged to complete a new TP-1015.3-V (2011-01) form.
For additional information, please contact the MRQ. A list of the MRQ offices can be found at the following Internet address: Revenu du Québec: Contact Us
If you are claiming the basic amount only, or the basic amount and the amount transferred from one spouse to the other, your tax credit amounts will be adjusted automatically in the Regional Pay System (RPS). If you are not claiming any tax credits or reductions, there will be no adjustment. For employees claiming any other tax credit and reduction amounts, the total of your tax credits and reductions will automatically be increased by an amount of $135. If you feel that your source deductions do not properly reflect your present personal tax situation, you should file a new TP-1015.3-V (2011-01) form. This form is available at the offices of the MRQ or on the Internet at the following address:
Any request for information regarding the content of this document should be addressed to your compensation advisor.
- Date modified: