Submit a pay action request
As a manager, staffing or finance professional, you must complete a pay action request form when contacting the pay centre by email on behalf of an employee. Your submitted form must be complete or it will be rejected automatically and returned to you.
Your first step is to confirm that your federal department or agency is served by the pay centre.
On this page
- What you need before you start
- Step 1: Confirm eligibility
- Step 2: Access the form
- Step 3: Complete the form
- Step 4: Submit the form
- More information
What you need before you start
- The Personal Record Identifier of each employee
- Your case number with the pay centre, if applicable
Before you submit a request
Managers, confirm that your department’s human resources unit has submitted your employee’s file to the pay centre. The pay centre cannot respond to any request until it receives the required information.
Step 1: Confirm eligibility
To be eligible to submit a pay action request, your department or agency must be served by the pay centre.
- Consult the list of departments and agencies served by the Public Service Pay Centre
Not listed? Contact your manager or departmental compensation advisor, and he or she will help you with any pay-related requests.
Step 2: Access the form
You may request a pay action from the pay centre for one employee or for multiple employees.
Pay action request for one employee
Use this form if you are a manager submitting the request on behalf of one of your employees. As a manager, you must have financial delegation of authority under Section 34 to submit the form.
This form is available for download as a Portable Document Format. Alternatively, you may complete the accessible HTML version.
Pay action request for multiple employees
Use this form if you are a manager submitting a request for multiple employees with the same work or sub-work type.
The Bulk pay action request form (available on the Government of Canada network only) is currently available only for download as a Portable Document Format. Contact the pay centre if you have trouble downloading this form.
Submitting a bulk pay action request
- you must submit a bulk pay action request for each work or sub-work type
- For example, if you are submitting time sheets for one group of employees and extra duty pay requests for another group, you must submit two bulk pay action requests
- you may not submit more than 35 pages with each request
- you may not submit a request with more than 15 employees
- you may not email a pay action request that is saved in Adobe LiveCycle
- you may not send documentation exceeding a total of 5 mega bites in size
Initiating the year-end cash-out of vacation or compensatory leave
As a manager, you must email a PeopleSoft report (as an .xls file) or an Excel spreadsheet to the pay centre’s business support services group through a trusted source:
Step 3: Complete the form
You may complete the form either on-screen or by hand. However, by choosing to complete it on-screen, you:
- lessen the chance of making a mistake or leaving out required information
- ensure that the form is readable by the pay centre’s computers
- submit the most current version of the form, which is the only version the pay centre accepts
Make sure that you complete each mandatory field on either the pay action request form or the bulk pay action request form.
Pay extra attention
Avoid having to resubmit the form. How? Consult the list of reasons for potential reject.
Completing the different sections
The employee information section of the form should be easy to understand. The following information may help you complete the other sections of either the individual or bulk request form.
Work and sub-work types
You are required to provide the work type, sub-work type or both on the form.
- Consult the list of work and sub-work types: This information applies to both the individual and bulk request forms
If you are an employee, you must provide your manager’s name and email address. You may provide your manager’s telephone number.
If you are a manager or in staffing, you are the requestor and must provide your contact information.
The trusted source is the person responsible for ensuring that managers with a financial delegation of authority under Section 34 of the Financial Administration Act are authenticated for all requests affecting financial results, the manager’s budget or both before being sent to the pay centre.
If you are an employee or a manager, leave this section blank.
Did you remember?
If you are completing the Portable Document Format version of the individual or bulk request form, don’t forget to provide the number of pages and today’s date at the top-right-hand corner of the form.
Step 4: Submit the form
If you are emailing the form, save the form to your computer. Alternatively, you may email the form directly from Adobe Reader if you completed the Portable Document Format version. Send the form to the following email address:
Email to the pay centre
If you are mailing or faxing the form, print and send the form to one of the following coordinates:
Mail to the pay centre
Public Service Pay Centre: Mail Facility
PO Box 6500
Matane QC G4W 0H6
Fax to the pay centre
- Contact the pay centre
- Reference material for managers, human resources and finance
- Pay centre documentations requirement reference guide for employees, managers, human resources and finance
- Date modified: