Review of pay file
Upon request, the pay file of an employee can be made available for review once every year as per the collective agreement
Upon written request of an employee, the personnel file of that employee shall be made available once per year for his or her examination in the presence of an authorized representative of the employer.
Reference: Common Human Resources Business Process 4.01.10 and applicable collective agreement.
Should an employee wish to review their pay file:
- Contact their departmental human resources representative who will make the request on their behalf
Note: Employees can also make this request to their manager who will contact the appropriate human resources representative to make arrangements with the Pay Centre.
Forward the employee’s request to the departmental human resources representative (if applicable).
- Initiate the request on behalf of the employee to review a copy of the pay file by submitting a written request through a trusted source by encrypted email, fax or mail to the Pay Centre: Mail facility, including a pay action request form PSPC 446-5E duly completed
- Coordinate the viewing of the pay file with the employee once it is received from the Pay Centre
Note: The copy of the pay file is not to be returned to the Pay Centre once the employee has had the opportunity to review its contents and must be destroyed.
Upon receipt of written request to review pay file:
- Ensure that signatures on paper requests transmitted from a departments to Pay Centre are authenticated, for example:
- The section 34 signature is authenticated for all requests affecting financial results and/or manager’s budget before it is sent to the Public Service Pay Centre
- The human resources delegated signature is authenticated for all requests being submitted by departments (excluding direct from employees)
Provide a copy of the employee’s pay file to human resources only once the request is initiated by the departmental human resources representative.
Note: The copy of the pay file is not to be returned to the Pay Centre once the employee has had the opportunity to review its contents.
- Date modified: