Critical error handling
Critical error handling includes the identification and correction of all errors which will prevent the processing of pay, whether derived from data entered by either human resources or the Pay Centre.
Reference: Common Human Resources Business Process 4.01.09.
- Ensure that the Pay Centre has a current departmental point of contact for error handling
Note: The departmental point of contact will receive written notification from the Pay Centre of any errors identified by the Pay Centre. This will prevent the processing of pay and that resulted from the input of data entered into the Human Resources Management System by human resources.
- Ensure critical error corrections are processed prior to the cut-off for the final off-cycle pay in order for the employee to receive pay that pay period
- Advise the Pay Centre once the error has been fixed
- Run the R38 error report in Phoenix daily. This report will identify critical errors that will prevent pay processing if not corrected
- Review the errors and identify the source of the error (example, human resources data vs. data entered by the Pay Centre)
If the error derives from data entered by human resources:
- Notify the departmental point of contact on the same day
Note: The Pay Centre will receive notification that the error has been fixed by human resources.
If the error derives from data entered by the Pay Centre:
- Ensure this correction is processed prior to the cut-off for the final off-cycle pay in order for the employee to receive pay that pay period
- Notify the Pay Centre if an error has occurred in Penfax that requires correction in Phoenix or requires certification of salary, service and leave without pay information
- Send a fax to the Pay Centre identifying the error or data requiring certification
- Date modified: