Long service award: Employee recognition
Long service awards are provided to employees for their years of service in the public sector. This includes calculating and verifying Long service awards.
Reference: Common Human Resources Business Process 5.05
If an employee who is eligible for any Long service awards has been overlooked by the department:
- Advise the department’s awards coordinator (or responsible party in the department)
Advise department’s awards coordinator (or responsible party in the department) that employees are eligible for any Long service awards.
- Conduct the initial calculation of Long service award dates (using available departmental Human Resources Management System data)
- Request to have the Pay Centre validate dates and calculations (by sending the information to be validated), as well as to identify any specific details regarding type of service to be validated (if applicable)
- Validate service dates and long service calculations using the department’s Human Resources Management System data, Phoenix data and file review (if required)
- Provide confirmation or additional information to the human resources contact