Requesting access to information
The Access to Information Act lets you request access to non-personal information that is held by Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC). Submit a new request or review completed access to information requests.
Submit an access to information request
You can request access to information from PSPC online or by mail.
Request information held by another institution
If your request relates to another federal government institution, consult the list of access to information and privacy coordinators.
Make your request online
This service costs $5.00. You will be asked to provide a valid credit card during the online process. Visa, MasterCard and American Express are accepted.
Make your request by mail
You may either:
- complete an access to information request form (TBC/CTC 350-57)
- send a letter by mail, email or fax that clearly explains what records you are seeking
What to include with your access to information request
- Your name, street address and, if possible, a daytime telephone number to allow Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) staff to contact you (Monday to Friday, 7 am to 5 pm local time)
- staff may call you for further questions or to update your request status
- As many details about your request as possible
- Your signature and date signed
- Payment for your request
- enclose $5.00 cash or a cheque or money order payable to the Receiver General for Canada for $5.00
- to pay by Interac debit, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or UnionPay International, contact ATIP at Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Mailing address:
- Public Services and Procurement Canada
Access to Information and Privacy Directorate
Portage III Room 5C1
11 Laurier St
Gatineau QC K1A 0S5
Receiving your information by epost
Public Services and Procurement Canada now releases requested documents electronically via epost Connect.
Effective January 2019, PSPC ATIP is now offering requesters a faster way to receive responses submitted under the Access to Information and Privacy Acts. epost Connect is a service that allows you to receive documents digitally in a safe, secure and timely manner. And there is no cost to you!
Create your free account now by visiting epost Connect. Once your account is created, send us an email at: email@example.com to let us know that you wish to receive your request through the epost Connect and, include your request number and the email address linked to your epost account.
If you already have an epost account and wish to receive your response by the epost Connect, please include your epost email address in the email address field when submitting your online access request.
epost Connect is a cloud-based online portal that provides access to documents in a safe and secure environment, as required under the Canada Post Corporation Act and the Criminal Code of Canada. This means that your identity and any information being shared with our office remain secure, and that your privacy rights under the Privacy Act are respected at all times
Find information on completed access to information requests
You can search a summary of previous access to information requests from PSPC. Summaries are available in both official languages and at no cost.
The following types of requests are not included:
- requests made under the Privacy Act
- informal requests
- requests that were transferred to another government institution
- requests that were abandoned by the requester
- requests made under the Access to Information Act that are uniquely of interest to the requester and contain primarily personal information of the requester
- Date modified: