Requesting access to information
The Access to Information Act lets you request access to non-personal information that is held by Public Services and Procurement Canada. Submit a new request or review completed access to information requests.
Submit an access to information request
You can request access to information from Public Services and Procurement Canada online or by mail.
Request information held by another institution
If your request relates to another federal government institution, consult the list of access to information and privacy coordinators.
Make your request online
This service costs $5.00. You will be asked to provide a valid credit card during the online process. Visa, MasterCard and American Express are accepted.
Make your request by mail
You may either:
- complete an access to information request form (TBC/CTC 350-57)
- send a letter by mail, email or fax that clearly explains what records you are seeking
What to include with your access to information request
- Your name, street address and, if possible, a daytime telephone number to allow Access to Information and Privacy staff to contact you (Monday to Friday, 7 am to 5 pm local time)
- staff may call you for further questions or to update your request status
- As many details about your request as possible
- Your signature and date signed
- Payment for your request
- enclose $5.00 cash or a cheque or money order payable to the Receiver General for Canada for $5.00
- to pay by Interac debit, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or UnionPay International, contact Access to Information and Privacy at Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Mailing address:
- Public Services and Procurement Canada
Access to Information and Privacy Directorate
Portage III Room 5C1
11 Laurier St
Gatineau QC K1A 0S5
Find information on completed access to information requests
You can search a summary of previous access to information requests from Public Services and Procurement Canada. Summaries are available in both official languages and at no cost.
The following types of requests are not included:
- requests made under the Privacy Act
- informal requests
- requests that were transferred to another government institution
- requests that were abandoned by the requester
- requests made under the Access to Information Act that are uniquely of interest to the requester and contain primarily personal information of the requester
- Date modified: