Vessel to assist ships into the harbour
The naval large tug project is intended to replace the Royal Canadian Navy's 5 civilian-crewed Glen-class large tugs and the 2 Fire-class rescue boats. These vessels currently operate in Her Majesty’s Canadian (HMC) Dockyard Halifax in Nova Scotia and HMC Dockyard Esquimalt in British Columbia.
Project at a glance
- Ocean Industries Inc., Isle-aux-Coudres, Quebec
- Number of vessels to be built
- Built for
- Department of National Defence
- Project budget
- $102 million (including taxes)
- First vessel to be delivered
- The first 2 tugs are scheduled to be delivered in 2022. The last 2 tugs will be delivered in 2023 and 2024
Construction is underway on 3 of 4 naval large tugs.
- Date modified: