Start of clip
Our vision: to excel in government operations.
Our mission: to deliver high-quality programs and services that meet the needs of federal organizations and to ensure sound stewardship on behalf of Canadians.
Public Works and Government Services Canada plays a critical role not just in government, but in the Canadian economy and Canadian society.
With more than 10,000 employees across the country, and offices serving communities from coast to coast, we manage an annual budget of over $4 billion.
Our responsibilities are considerable.
Our importance is undeniable.
Our impact is extraordinary:
- We are the largest owner and manager of office space in the country, providing safe, healthy and productive working environments for federal employees across Canada, including accommodation to parliamentarians and more than 265,000 public servants in various locations throughout Canada.
- We are the central purchaser for the Government of Canada, injecting more than $14 billion annually through government procurement. That's more than any other public organization in the country.
- We are the largest translation organization within Canada providing translation, interpretation and terminology services to federal departments, agencies, and Parliamentarians.
- We help the government communicate with Canadians through tools like the Canada Gazette, and through our role as the government's official publisher.
- We are Canada's largest payroll and pension administrator, handling compensation for more than 600,000 government pay and pensioner accounts.
- We make and accept all payments on behalf of the government, handling better than $2 trillion in cash flow each year.
- We have instituted a client service strategy to improve our overall quality of service and strengthen the partnerships we have established with our clients across government. Our services are easy to access and lead to savings and economies of scale, particularly with regard to innovation, integrated solutions and product development.
- We manage a variety of other programs and services like leading the greening of government operations across government, in addition to our own corporate functions such as finance, human resources, IM/IT policy development and communications.
- We are experts in a wide variety of fields, from professional purchasers to translators, to accountants, and from engineers to architects. Our people are our greatest asset.
Our fundamental values of respect, integrity, excellence and leadership guide the way we help our government, our people, and our communities.
We are PWGSC.
End of clip