Registering for direct deposit of payments in lieu of taxes
From: Public Services and Procurement Canada
As an authorized representative of a Canadian taxing authority, you can register to receive your payments in lieu of taxes by electronic payment, which directly deposit funds into the taxing authority’s bank account. To register for electronic payment, complete the following form. This form can be also used if your taxing authority changes financial institution, the branch of its financial institution, or its account number.
On this page
- This form can be completed online. Once completed, please print it, sign it and send it to the payment in lieu of taxes office in your region by mail, email or fax (Contact Payments in Lieu of Taxes Program)
- If you don’t want to complete it online, you can complete the printer-friendly version of the Electronic payments request for suppliers (PDF version, 444 kb) (alternative formats and plug-ins) form off-line
- You will need a unique procurement business number for payments in lieu of taxes. The number is a standard identifier for doing business with the federal government; the taxing authority may already have a number, however, to use electronic payments for deposit of payments in lieu of taxes to the taxing authority's bank account a unique procurement business number is required. If your taxing authority does not have a procurement business number for payments in lieu of taxes specifically, it may obtain one by registering in the Supplier Registration Information system or by phone at 1-800-811-1148
- Prior to making the first electronic payment, Public Services and Procurement Canada may have to do a test payment to ensure that the money is deposited to the correct account
- Need help with this form? Contact Payments in Lieu of Taxes Program
Applies to sole proprietors only: Collection of the information requested on this form is voluntary. This information is collected for the purpose of offering Direct Deposit services to Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) suppliers and is important to facilitate the processing of your electronic funds transfer. Non-completion of this form will result in your cheque being processed manually, which may take longer. The personal information is maintained in Personal Information Bank number PSU 912 and is protected from disclosure in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act. Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to request access to your personal information and request corrections should you believe that your personal information is erroneous or incomplete. The records are retained for six years following the last administrative action and then destroyed.
Electronic payments request form
Protected A when completed
For more information
- Date modified: