Real property projects Conformance Audit Team—Terms of reference
On this page
- 1. Mandate
- 2. Chair
- 3. Membership
- 4. Governance structure
- 5. Roles and responsibilities
- 6. Operations of the committee
- 7. Changes to the terms of reference
Date established: April 01, 2015
Date updated: March 6, 2019
The Conformance Audit Team (CAT) is the Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) community of practice through which the reviews of conformance to the National Project Management System (NPMS) are conducted, enhanced, and reported on. The group is made up of regional subject matter experts in the Real Property Services (RPS) Branch from across the country, and from the Parliamentary Precinct Branch. The CAT mandate is departmental and is independent of a branch or region’s quality management initiatives.
The team is to:
- manage annual reviews of real property projects in accordance with the Directive on the Monitoring of Real Property Projects’ Conformance to the National Project Management System, and in accordance with any other relative policies or directives having authority
- as required, report the results of any relative continual improvement plans or activities, and their related progress against them
- act as an advisory committee for the development, review, national consultation, approval or coordination of approval of advancements related to the conformance directive, and any other nationally accepted practices
- based on review findings, make recommendations for improvements to the NPMS Continual Improvement (CI) Team.
- disseminating findings, and the need for corrective/preventive measures within our respective organizations as they apply to NPMS conformance
- provide a quality assurance role for the review, evaluation, amendment and continual improvement of nationally consistent documentation related to real property project management services
Regional Manager, Quality Management Office (QMO), or equivalent.
Since April 01, 2015 – Regional Manager, QMO Ontario.
One Regional Manager, Quality Management Office (or equivalent and/or delegate) from each region and each National Capital Area (NCA) RPS sector, and any other branches performing real property projects:
- Parliamentary Precinct Branch
4. Governance structure
The team functionally reports to:
- NPMS continual improvement (CI) team
- Respective Directors General in Real Property Services and Parliamentary Precinct Branch
Other Federal Authorities as required
5. Roles and responsibilities
CAT Chair is to:
- provide overall management of the national team’s developments / concerns
- liaise, present, and seek approval for all proposed amendments to the Directive on the Monitoring of Real Property Projects’ Conformance to the NPMS through the NPMS CI team
- chair all meetings and oversee national sub-committee work
Regional / Sectoral CAT member is to:
- co-ordinate all CAT related activities on behalf of their respective regions / sectors
- work with other regional members and branches, to present united regional positions on all matters
- assist with or coordinate the annual NPMS project conformance reviews and associated reporting
- assist with or coordinate the triennial Organizational Project Management Complexity Assessment (OPMCA), and other Ad Hoc reviews as required, and on behalf of her respective organizations
6. Operations of the committee
- Meeting structure
- The meeting agenda is to focus on quality management practices and frameworks that will enhance the value of performing NPMS conformance reviews on real property projects.
- The agenda is issued by the Chair prior to the meeting, and members can make additions. The final agenda is approved by the Chair.
- CAT members will arrange for substitutions with advance notice to the Chair. Members shall ensure that substitutes have the necessary knowledge and authority.
- The official languages of the Committee shall be English and French.
- Frequency of meetings
- Meetings shall be held typically on a monthly basis, or as needed. Additional meetings may be called at the discretion of the Chair.
- Meetings are conducted via teleconference / WebEx from location of Chair, and participants can assemble in meeting rooms as available to join the meetings.
- Meeting documentation
- Presentation or discussion material is to be provided to the Chair in advance of meetings for distribution to the members in a timely manner.
- Meetings require a quorum of at least 5 out of 7 representatives from the Real Property Services regions (Pacific, Western, Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic and NCA) and Parliamentary Precinct Branch.
- Decisions are reached by simple majority vote by the members for final approval by the Chair.
- Minutes—Record of decisions
- A record of decisions (ROD) is prepared by the Chair and circulated to members for review and comment in advance of the next meetings. Comments are reviewed and considered by the Chair. The final ROD is presented to members for final adoption at the next meeting.
7. Changes to the terms of reference
Changes to the Terms of Reference are to be discussed by the CAT and approved by the Chair.
- Date modified: