Communications Management - Introduction
The Communications Plan ensures that effective communications products are considered, developed and delivered to stakeholders throughout the course of the project. It identifies all internal and external stakeholders, the information to be communicated, how this information will be communicated, and how often.
Section 1 of the Communications Plan details the types of communication products required, timelines for delivery of communications, the relevant stakeholders, objectives the communications will achieve, the delivery method and frequency.
Section 2 includes communications management describing the tasks to be done, who is responsible for completing the tasks and the status of each task.
The Communications Plan is developed and maintained in accordance with PSPC Corporate Communications management policies and standards.
The Communications Management Knowledge Area provides guidance on communications processes and tools.
Communications Management Template
This table describes detailed in the communications plan template.
|Ref #||Date||Target Audience||Info Item||Key Messages||Objective of Communication||Mode||Delivery Frequency|
This table describes communication management tasks.
|Tasks to Do||Name or Initials||(O)pen, (H)old, (C)losed|
- Ref #
- # is assigned by the Project Manager or delegated Communication Manager. Communications developed relating to this particular Ref # can be numbered in sequence such as 1A, 1B, 1C etc.
- Indicate the date, month or timeframe when the communication must be distributed.
- Indicate who is the target audience to which the communication will be delivered.
- WHAT-Info Item
- Provide a descriptive title for the communication such as Status Report, Presentation to Steering Committee.
- WHAT-Key Messages
- Describe the key messages within each communication relating to this item.
- Describe the objective or purpose of the communication such as: engaging stakeholders, informing, etc.
- Describe what medium will be used such as email, memo, internet site, verbal etc.
- HOW-Delivery Frequency
- Describe how often the communication will be distributed such as: one time, weekly, monthly etc.
- Tasks To Do
- List activities to be completed towards closing the communication.
- List name or initials of person responsible.
- (O)pen, (H)old, (C)losed.
- Date modified: