Quality control of freelance texts (SFE-223) [reserved for Translation Bureau employees]
This workshop is offered in English only and is reserved for people translating or revising French-to-English texts. For more information about the equivalent course in French, consult: Contrôler la qualité des textes de pige (SFE-410).
This training provides guidelines and methods to control and evaluate the work of translation service providers. Content: presentations, discussions and exercises focusing on revision, revision by sampling, characterization and the evaluation of quality.
Course code: SFE-223
- Open to
Translation Bureau anglophone translators and revisers.
Participants must have some revising experience or have already taken a Translation Bureau workshop on revision.
This activity is conducted in English.
- Learning objectives
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- explain the various mechanisms for quality control set out in the Bureau’s standards
- choose which control mechanism to use on the basis of language-related and other factors
- list the criteria for assessing the overall quality of a translation
- explain the particularities of ensuring the control of translations produced by suppliers
- categorize the types of errors made in translations to be able to justify quality control interventions
Virtual classroom: 3.50 hours
Please consult the directory and schedule of Translation Bureau courses.
- Number of participants
10 to 12
The Translation Bureau reserves the right to cancel this activity if fewer than eight registrations are received.
To register for this workshop, please consult the registration procedure and form for Translation Bureau courses.
- Date modified: