Translation Bureau's course registration procedure and form
Find out more about the procedure for registering in the various language development training workshops offered by the Translation Bureau.
On this page
Registration procedure and instructions
- Before you register for a course, please take a moment to read the description and prerequisites of the courses you are interested in by consulting the Translation Bureau's course directory and calendar
- After identifying the courses you are interested in and which meet your training goals, you can complete the online registration form. Please note that this form cannot be saved on your computer
- If you prefer, you can print the registration form, fill it out and send it to us:
- By mail to the following address:
The Translation Bureau
Training and Evaluation
8-70 Crémazie St
Gatineau QC K1A 0S5
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax: 819-994-3735
- By mail to the following address:
- Please register only one participant per form
- Please fill out a separate form for each workshop. For each activity, please indicate the date of the selected session
- To ensure you register successfully, you must fill out all fields on the form
- Registrations for workshops are accepted at all times throughout the year until the day before the workshop, if there is space left. Contact the Translation Bureau to find out if the workshop is going ahead and whether you can register
- You will receive an invitation confirming the date, time and location of the activity (the invitation will be sent immediately after you register if you work outside the Government of Canada or two to three weeks before the training date if you are a government employee)
- If you would like to cancel your registration for a course or change the date of a course, you must contact the Translation Bureau at least 5 business days before the course date, failing which you will have to pay all applicable fees. You may also select someone to replace you rather than cancel your registration
- The Translation Bureau reserves the right to postpone or cancel a course if the minimum number of participants is not met. In such a case, the Bureau will inform the people affected as soon as possible
- Registration fees are listed in each of the course descriptions. Participants will only be billed after completing the course. The Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Provincial Sales Tax (PST) will be added to these fees, if applicable
- A 20% discount will be given to members of a recognized professional association. To receive this discount, you must provide proof of certification (such as a photocopy of your membership card)
- Workshops are on the dates indicated in the Translation Bureau's course directory and calendar. The personalized training sessions (mentoring) are held on dates agreed upon by both managers and participants
- Schedule: unless otherwise indicated, the workshops start at 9 am and end at 4:30 pm Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the workshop
- At the end of each activity, you will receive a certificate of participation, if you so choose
Online registration form
Please read our privacy statement below before completing the form.
Provision of the information is on a voluntary basis. We will use the information for the purpose of responding to your questions/comments and to improve our Web presence. The information will be held in Public Services and Procurement Canada's Personal Information Bank number PPU 115 Internet and PPE 830 Intranet Services, and it will be retained according to the retention and disposal schedule established for this bank.
Your personal information is protected under the provisions of the Privacy Act. Under the Act, you have the right to request access to and correction of your personal information, if erroneous or incomplete. If you wish to avail yourself of this right or require clarification about this statement, contact your privacy coordinator at email@example.com. For more information about privacy issues and the Privacy Act in general, consult the website of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
For more information about your rights, visit Info Source. This is a Government of Canada publication available in major libraries, at government information offices and from constituency offices of federal members of Parliament.
The Internet is a public forum and electronic information can be intercepted. This is not a secure website. Please do not disclose unnecessary confidential information about yourself or your accounts with PSPC.
- Date modified: