Suppliers qualified to offer linguistic services to the Translation Bureau
From: Translation Bureau
Do you already have a Supply Arrangement (SA) to provide the Translation Bureau with translation services in the official languages? Are you already registered in the Translation Bureau's directory of linguistic services suppliers to offer translation services in Indigenous or foreign languages; interpretation services in official, Indigenous, foreign or visual languages; or terminology services? If so, you will find information below that will be useful to you as a linguistic services supplier for the Translation Bureau.
This page replaces the Translation Bureau's Suppliers Bulletin.
On this page
- Modifying your supplier file
- Enrolling in direct deposit
- Obtaining reliability or security clearance
- Finding invitations to tender
- Related links
Modifying your supplier file
Would you like to make changes to your linguistic services supplier file (change contact information, add new language combinations, etc.) or ask questions about your file?
- Step 1: Update your account in the Supplier Registration Information (SRI) system
- Step 2: Contact the Translation Bureau Procurement Centre to inform them of any changes
Enrolling in direct deposit
If you haven't already done so, as a linguistic services supplier for the Translation Bureau, you must absolutely enroll your business in the direct deposit service.
- Step 1: Enrolling my business in direct deposit
- Step 2: Contact the Translation Bureau Procurement Centre to inform them that you have enrolled in direct deposit
Obtaining reliability or security clearance
As a linguistic services supplier for the Translation Bureau, you cannot request reliability or security clearance for yourself. You must be sponsored by a federal department. If ever the Translation Bureau finds that you need such clearance, it will sponsor you.
For further information, contact the Translation Bureau Procurement Centre.
Finding invitations to tender
The Translation Bureau cannot guarantee any amount of work for suppliers with an SA (translation in official languages) or for suppliers registered in its directory (translation in Indigenous or foreign languages; interpretation in official, Indigenous, foreign or visual languages; or terminology). Its volume of work is what determines whether it will turn to service suppliers in the private sector.
When the Bureau needs to turn to linguistic services suppliers, it sends an invitation to tender by email to suppliers with an SA or to suppliers registered in its directory.
Calls to tender for high-volume contracts may also be posted on the Web: Follow opportunities.
Suppliers located outside Canada
Please note that most of our bid solicitations are limited to Canadian services as defined in the Archived—Canadian Content Definition (clause A3050T):
“Canadian service: A service provided by an individual based in Canada is considered a Canadian service. Where a requirement consists of only one service, which is being provided by more than one individual, the service will be considered Canadian if a minimum of 80% of the total bid for the service is provided by individuals based in Canada.”
Therefore, if you are a foreign-languages translation supplier, please take the above information into account if you anticipate being outside of Canada at the time of work.
You will be invited to bid only:
- when there are fewer than three suppliers of Canadian services in our suppliers directory that meet our selection criteria
- when the work to be done is not subject to security requirements
For more information, refer to the following:
- Offering your linguistic services to the Translation Bureau
- Registration form for the Translation Bureau's directory of linguistic services suppliers
- Follow opportunities
Professional development and language resources
- Register for a developmental language training workshop
- TERMIUM Plus®
- Resources of the Language Portal of Canada
- Create your own language tools
Contact the Translation Bureau Procurement Centre
- Date modified: