Alternative Formats and Plug-ins
Information throughout the Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) website is provided in Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) as the primary format. In some cases, other software formats are provided as alternatives. To open these alternate formats, you may need to download and install one or more of the following on your computer:
Portable Document Format (PDF)
Some of the pages available on our website are electronic versions of documents that were originally designed for printing. These documents may also be available for download in PDF so that you can view and print them with virtually the same graphics, typography and layout as the original version.
Before you can open any of the PDF documents on our website, you will first need to install one of the free PDF reader software programs from the list below.
Word Processing Software
- XLS – To read a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel format, you will need the Microsoft Excel Viewer.
- PPT – Presentations are available in Microsoft PowerPoint format. To view these files you will need PowerPoint Presentation Viewer.
- RTF – Rich Text format. To access these files use the document conversion features available in most word processing software, or use a file viewer capable of reading RTF.
Media Players (for viewing interactive content)
- Why Zip files? - Zip files compress data and therefore save time and space, and make downloading software faster.
- How do I open a Zip file? - After you have installed Zip software, you can open a Zip file by double clicking it in your browser and choosing “
Unzip or install from an existing Zip file” in the WinZip Wizard. If you do not have Zip software on your computer, you can download many free versions.
These websites are outside of the control of PSPC and are listed solely for the convenience of our users. PSPC does not endorse any of the software found on these sites and is unable to provide technical assistance to users who install this software on their computers.
- Date modified: