PSPC Guidelines for user submissions in social media tools
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) is pleased to provide social media tools and online videos to encourage information sharing, collaboration, and interactivity. These tools will help ensure audiences get important information on PSPC's programs and services. Comments are welcome on most social media tools, although you may need to log in or create an account with the specific social media tool before providing your comments.
The use of social media tools by PSPC is intended to facilitate interaction between the users of these tools and PSPC, and in no way verifies or confirms either the accuracy of the comments submitted by outside individuals or their compliance with these User Submission Guidelines. PSPC does not endorse any of the views in the comments that are posted and reserves the right to report or block followers that do not adhere to the User Submission Guidelines.
User submissions guidelines
What is and isn't acceptable
You are fully responsible for everything that you submit in your comments, and all posted comments are in the public domain. Please keep your submissions relevant to the topic and be civil.
PSPC will not tolerate comments that are offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone, or abusive. We do not discriminate against any views but we reserve the right to report or block followers who post comments that are, or contain:
- racist, sexist and offensive language
- hate speech
- sexually explicit content
- personal attacks and defamatory statements
- breaking copyright rules (that includes copying and pasting excerpts from other sites without permission and attribution)
- violating someone's privacy, e.g. by providing personal information such as phone numbers and e-mail addresses
- threats or harassment
- insensitive comments
- posting your message in all CAPS (it is difficult to read and is interpreted as yelling)
- posting press releases or commercial promotions
- related to anything illegal
In short, be respectful and make sure your comments are relevant to the section where they are posted. If you have any questions about this policy or how we apply it, please contact us at email@example.com.
A few other important notes:
- We cannot commit to replying to every comment posted. We will, however, attempt to engage in conversations when possible.
- The views of participants commenting on these pages do not necessarily represent the views of the department.
- You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include phone numbers or email addresses in the body of your comment.
- Reporters are asked to send questions to PSPC's Media relations contacts through their normal channels and to refrain from submitting questions here as comments. Reporter questions will not be posted nor replied to.
- Additional information can be found in the Terms and conditions section.
How are comments moderated
All comments are moderated. Some may be pre-moderated or screened beforehand. This means that PSPC will read the comments before they are published to make sure they adhere to the User Submission Guidelines. PSPC will do its best to have all comments posted promptly. PSPC will not edit comments, but to ensure that your comment is posted PSPC asks that the users follow the User Submission Guidelines.
Comments will be moderated during regular working hours, Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST/EDT, and occasionally during holidays, after core hours and on weekends.
What if I see a comment I don't like
If you disagree with a comment, you are welcome to respond. If you feel someone has violated the User Submission Guidelines, select the Report link found beside every comment and indicate the problem.
Can I post PSPC photos and videos on my own website or elsewhere
For more details on this topic, read PSPC's Terms and conditions section, specifically the section on Copyright/Permission to Reproduce.
Thank you for taking the time to read this User Submissions Guideline. We encourage your participation in our discussion and look forward to an active exchange of ideas.
- Date modified: