Administrative Burden Baseline: 2019
In its Red Tape Reduction Action Plan, the Government committed to build on the efforts of the Paperwork Burden Reduction Initiative by requiring departments, through the Administrative Burden Baseline, to provide a count of the requirements in federal regulations that impose an administrative burden on business.
All federal regulations that are administered by Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) that have requirements that impose administrative burden on business are identified below. The total 2019 count is 498. The total June 30, 2014 baseline count is 484.
For 2014 and 2015, the Administrative Burden Baseline count for the Controlled Goods Regulations published was 388. This figure was adjusted to account for a form that was omitted from the initial baseline counting exercise. The form had 96 data fields, changing the initial baseline count from 388 to 484.
The Department's Administrative Burden count has not changed since June 30, 2017. No new administrative burdens have been added to PSPC's Administrative Burden count for the period July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019.
|Title of the regulation||Statutory order and regulation number||2019 count|
|Controlled Goods Regulations||2001-32||498|
|Total count||Not applicable||498|
Access count from previous years
- Administrative Burden Baseline: 2018
- Administrative Burden Baseline: 2017
- Administrative Burden Baseline: 2016
- Administrative Burden Baseline: 2015
- Administrative Burden Baseline: 2014
Director, Treasury Board Affairs
Public Services and Procurement Canada
For more information
- Government-wide Administrative Burden Baseline counts
- Government-wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- Federal regulatory management and modernization
- Canada—United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
To learn about upcoming or ongoing consultations on proposed federal regulations, visit the Canada Gazette and Consulting with Canadians websites.
- Date modified: