Management systems programs
On this page
- ISO 9001 (quality management system)
- ISO 14001 (environmental management system)
- Occupational health and safety management system 18001 (OHSAS)
- How to apply
In today's increasingly competitive world, organizations must consistently meet and exceed their goals. The most successful organizations attain the management systems standards recognized around the world—ISO 9001 (Quality), ISO 14001 (Environmental), and OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety). The Canadian General Standards Board is the recognized name in helping organizations achieve registration to these standards, on time and within budget.
ISO 9001 (quality management system)
The Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) is accredited by the Standards Council of Canada to assess and certify your quality management system for conformance to the ISO 9001 standard. Our independent and impartial assessment provides you with a clear, recognized process to increase and demonstrate your organization's quality. It confirms that:
- your quality system is working
- you can provide goods and services to consistently meet clients' needs and expectations
- you are continually improving your quality
In addition, we provide information, answer your questions, and provide presentations and courses on ISO 9001 tailored to your needs.
Learn more about ISO 9001 (Quality)
ISO 14001 (environmental management system)
The CGSB is accredited by the Standards Council of Canada to assess and certify your environmental management system for conformance to the ISO 14001 standard. This standard is a result of the global interest and attention to environmental issues such as management of pollution and hazardous wastes. Our independent and impartial assessment provides you the certification of your environmental management system which demonstrates that:
- you have a procedure for monitoring and complying with regulatory requirements
- you exercise due diligence with respect to your environmental risks
- your employees and suppliers are continually improving their own environmental performance
In addition, we provide information, answer your questions, and provide presentations and courses on ISO 14001 tailored to your needs.
Learn more about ISO 14001 (Environmental)
Occupational health and safety management system 18001
The CGSB offers a certification program for occupational health and safety (OHS) management systems based on the widely accepted OHSAS 18001 specification. Certification to OHSAS 18001 enables an organization to control its OHS risks and to improve its performance. Our independent and impartial assessment of your OHS system provides evidence that:
- your OHS system is comprehensive
- your organization protects your employees and others by reducing the risk of accidents
- you continually improve your OHS system
How to apply
Quality, environmental and occupational health and safety management systems can be integrated into a single, joint system or a combination of any of the three, with joint system audits.
As of August 31 2010 the Canadian General Standards Board does not accept new applications for the Food Safety Program.
- ISO 9001(Quality)
- ISO 14001 (Environmental)
- OHSAS 18001 (Occupational health and safety)
- Date modified: