Technical Work Program Report
Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB)
- 11 Laurier Street
Portage III, 6B1
This report demonstrates CGSB compliance to the World Trade Organization (WTO) Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade, Annex 3, Code of Good Practice for the Preparation, Adoption and Application of Standards. The report provides the CGSB Work Program, listing current standards projects at various stages of development.
This report is submitted semi-annually to the Standards Council of Canada for submission to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Information Centre in Geneva.
The WTO/CGSB Technical Work Program Report is available here: (World Trade Organization/Canadian General Standards Board)
Stage Development of Standards
The project stages for the development and maintenance of standards are described in this section. These project stages are harmonized with the ISO stage codes.
- 00 Preliminary Stage
- 10 Proposal Stage
- 20 Drafting Stage
- 30 Committee Development Stage
- 40 Public Enquiry Stage
- 50 Committee Approval Stage
- 55 Ratification Stage
- 60 Publication Stage
- 90 Review Stage
A large view for the Canadian General Standards Board Harmonized Stage Code System Table is available on a separate page.
Canadian General Standards Board Work Report Column Headings and Explanation
- CGSB Reference
- The CGSB normative document designation or project reference number. This reference includes the numerical portion of the designation only.
- Identifies the proposed action for the normative document. Applicable CGSB codes are:
- new CGSB standard
- proposed new National Standard of Canada
- new edition
- review stage
- Target Date (TA)
- A target date shows the date when the document is expected to be published (year–month).
- Edition (ED)
- Indicates the edition of the normative document under review or development (that is, in case of: a, en, N, ne, r, w, and N*). For new editions, the number of the ne is indicated.
- The current or working title of each standard is given in both official languages, English and French.
- International Base
- Indicates the international standard(s) to be considered during the development process (activity).
- This column is used to monitor project development utilizing the above–described four digit stage code. These CGSB Stages for the development of Standards are harmonized with the ISO stage codes. A document has reached a particular stage when the action or decision indicated at that point has been taken or completed.
- Stage Date
- The stage date is the date on which the most recent action or decision has been taken (year-month)
- Comment Date
- Identifies the start date when the document was made available for public review and comment (year–month). Normally this is a 60–day period.
- International Classification for Standards (ICS) Code
- Classifies the subject matter based on the ISO International Classification for Standards.
Members of standards committees and other interested parties may obtain a paper copy by Contact Canadian General Standards Board.
- Date modified: