Controlled goods program registration is changing
This page was updated on May 4, 2022, to reflect updated timelines.
In the summer of 2023, Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) will begin the release of its secure, web-based portal for individuals and organizations to interact with the Controlled Goods Program (CGP), which includes the ability to submit applications and requests for the following:
- renewals and amendments
- security assessments
- industry referrals
The new online service will be named the Integrated Real-time Industrial Security (IRIS) Portal.
The IRIS Portal will be connected to a new business management system that enables the CGP to more efficiently process requests while enhancing the security of information and assets.
Launch of the portal
The IRIS Portal will become available starting in 2023. Functionality and features will be released in increments to help industry users become familiar with the new capabilities.
Integrated Real-time Industrial Security Portal interactions with the Controlled Goods Program
The new web-based portal will make registration, exemptions and industry referral processes simpler and more efficient. CGP will support clients through transition in using the new portal.
Once fully launched, the IRIS Portal will:
- enable applicants to submit applications for registration, renewals and amendments, security assessments and exemptions, and industry referral requests online
- integrate the controlled goods registration process with the security assessment process by using a single, centralized portal, including information intake, submission of supporting documents, e-signatures, status updates, and approvals
- automatically catch errors upfront, such as missing information, duplicate records, and incorrect information, which ensures that users submit correct and complete forms
- lead to faster processing of simple, routine requests
- provide automatic status updates on requests in process to keep CGP clients informed about their active requests
- be fully compliant with the Government of Canada’s accessibility standards and other modernized Government of Canada online interfaces
The IRIS Portal will also enable the CGP to provide enhanced client support with a greater focus on facilitating clients’ business activities related to industrial security services.
Training will be provided
Online training materials on using the IRIS Portal will be made available in advance of its launch and prior to the introduction of new features and functions.
How you will be kept informed of developments
The CGP will continue to update this web page. You may also request to be added to the Email notification service for Buyandsell.gc.ca news to directly receive news items about the CGP.
- Date modified: