Contact direct deposit

The Receiver General for Canada manages direct deposit for the various benefits and payments you receive from the government. You may contact us with your general questions and comments or to seek help in enroling.

Inquiries about late payments or to change your information on file

Contact the department or agency that issues your payment.

Find answers to your questions

Enrol in direct deposit

Complete the enrolment form

Mail the enrolment form

Receiver General for Canada
PO Box 5000
Matane QC  G4W 4R6

General inquiries

Before contacting us, please read our Privacy notice statement.

Email form

For your privacy and safety, please do not submit your personal or banking information using this email form. To enrol in direct deposit, visit one of the links above.

Banks, credit unions, tax preparers and community associations looking to order direct deposit enrolment forms, return envelopes and marketing materials in bulk, please provide the name and mailing address of your organization as well as the quantity of materials required.

I have read the privacy notice statement and I am aware of my rights and I submit all the above information freely.

Other ways to contact us

Mailing address

Receiver General for Canada
Floor 11A2
Portage III Tower A
11 Laurier Street
Gatineau QC  K1A 0S5


Agents are available:

In Canada or the United States:
1-800-593-1666 (toll-free)
Outside Canada and the United States:
+1-613-941-6402 (collect call)
1-844-524-5286 (toll-free in Canada and the United States, collect call elsewhere)

Privacy notice statement

Provision of the information is on a voluntary basis. We will use the information for the purpose of responding to your questions/comments, and to improve our internet presence. The information will be held in Public Services and Procurement Canada's Personal Information Bank number PPU 115 Internet and PPE 830 intranet Services, and it will be retained according to the retention and disposal schedule established for this bank.

Your personal information is protected under the provisions of the Privacy Act. Under the act, you have the right to request access to and correction of your personal information, if erroneous or incomplete. If you wish to avail yourself of this right or require clarification about this statement, contact our Privacy Coordinator at For more information on privacy issues and the Privacy Act consult the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.

For more information about your rights, visit Info Source. This is a Government of Canada publication available in major libraries, at government information offices and from constituency offices of federal Members of Parliament.

The Internet is a public forum and electronic information can be intercepted. This is not a secure website. Please do not disclose unnecessary confidential information about yourself or your accounts with Public Services and Procurement Canada.

Contact the department or agency that issues your payment

To change your banking information on file or report any problems with your payment, contact the department or agency that issues your payment.

Date modified: