6. Program codes for 2017 to 2018
Government-wide chart of accounts—2017 to 2018 - Top of the page navigation
This chapter provides information on program codes (PROG) which are included in the Program Alignment Architecture (PAA). The program codes are used to account for the use of resources to promote overall government program objectives.
The format of these PROG is composed of a 5 digit field: 3 alpha (capital letter) and 2 numeric digit codes.
AAA00—the first 3 digits are capital letters and the last 2 digits are numbers.
Changes have been made to the Program Alignment Architecture. As of fiscal year 2017 to 2018 and under the new Treasury Board Secretariat Policy on Results, some departments will be implementing the new Departmental Results Framework. This framework consists of departmental core responsibilities and their related program inventory.
Those departments are:
- National Revenue
- Canadian Human Rights Commission
- National Energy Board
- Canadian Transportation Accident Investigation and Safety Board
- Parole Board of Canada
- Treasury Board Secretariat
- Office of the Commissioner of Lobbying
ZZZ00 - represents a core responsibility. The first 3 digits are capital letters and the last 2 digits are two zeroes.
ZZZ01 - this five digit alphanumeric code represents an individual program from the program inventory. The first 3 digits identify the core responsibility to which the program corresponds and the last two numbers is a combination between 01 and 99.
6.2 List of program codes
Program codes: Summary
- Agriculture and Agri–Food
- National Revenue
- Canadian Heritage
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
- Environment and Climate Change
- Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard
- Global Affairs
- Governor General
- Families, Children and Social Development
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development
- National Defence
- Natural Resources
- Infrastructure and Communities
- Privy Council
- Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
- Public Services and Procurement
- Treasury Board
- Veterans Affairs
- Other than budgetary expenditures
6.3 List of release notes for program codes
List of release notes for program codes for 2017 to 2018
Government-wide chart of accounts—2017 to 2018 - Bottom of the page navigation
- Date modified: