Subject: New Date of Birth (DOB) message on the Taken on Strength (TOS), Transfer-In (TIN) and Status Change (STA) screens
December 10, 2012
1.1. The purpose of this document is to advise compensation advisors of the new DOB message that was added to the TOS, TIN and STA screens as of November 20, 2012.
1.2. This new message only affects the online users of the Regional Pay System (RPS).
2.1. Previously, there were few edits on the DOB that is entered numerically in the following manner: DDMMYY. This format causes confusion and sometimes leads to typographical errors due to the fact that the string is composed entirely of two (2) digit numbers.
2.2. The new message was created for compensation advisors to confirm the DOB entered and allow them, if an error is made, to correct it prior to the creation of the transaction.
3. Procedures and Instructions
3.1. The new message will appear at the bottom of the screen once the TOS, TIN or STA (when a change to the DOB is made) is completed and the compensation advisor has pressed ENTER. The message will display the DOB using the alphabetic month format for the compensation advisor to confirm whether the date is correct.
3.2. For example, upon creation of a TOS or TIN, if the DOB entered is 010565, the message displayed in capital letters will read:
DOB: May 01, 1965 Yes (Y)/No (N)?
- If the answer is "N", the transaction will not be created and the compensation advisor will need to enter the correct DOB on the transaction.
- If the answer is "Y" and the DOB entered is the same as that which currently exists in the Central Index System (CIS), the transaction will be created.
- If the answer is "Y" and the DOB is different than the one in the CIS, the compensation advisor will be asked a second question to confirm that the CIS must be updated.
Does the DOB change in CIS Y/N?
- If the answer is "N", the compensation advisor will need to correct the DOB entered on the transaction.
- If the answer is "Y", the transaction will be created and the RPS will generate the STA in order to amend the DOB in CIS.
3.3. Upon creation of a STA to amend the DOB, if the date entered is 010565, the message displayed in capital letters will read:
DOB entered: May 01, 1965 confirmed Y/N?
- If the answer is "N", the transaction will not be created and the compensation advisor will need to enter the correct DOB on the STA screen.
- If the answer is "Y", the transaction will be created.
3.4. It is mandatory to respond to the new DOB message.
- If the value is other then "Y" or "N" the transaction will reject with the following error message that will be displayed in capital letters:
- R01 "Out of valid range / Hors des limites de validité"
- If the value is left blank, the transaction will be rejected with the following error message that will be displayed in capital letters:
- M01 "Mandatory field missing / Zone obligatoire manquante"
4.1. Any inquiries on the information contained in this directive should be addressed to your Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) Compensation Services Office.
- Date modified: