ARCHIVED CD 1997-007
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
March 14, 1997
SUBJECT: Salary Service Enhancements - Data Integrity
1.1 The purpose of this directive is to provide you with information concerning the movement of edits within Salary Service (S/S) to the front end of the Regional Pay System (RPS). This will reduce the possibility of future data corruption on the various Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) Compensation files.
2.1 The first phase of this project, implemented in June 1996, ensured that "new" transactions were input and processed correctly, for the Entitlement Adjustment Screen (EAJ), Leave Without Pay (LWOP), Ongoing LWOP, LWOP reporting on Temporarily Struck off Strength (T- SOS) and Struck Off Strength (SOS), reversal of LWOP, reversal of Ongoing LWOP, SOS effective date in the past and equalization payments.
The enhancements to the RPS are part of a larger undertaking known as the Compensation Productivity Initiative (CPI).
3.1 Effective April 1, 1997, the S/S edits will be moved to the front end of the RPS for the following transactions:
- Pay Action Code (PAC) 01 - Take-on-Strength (TOS)
- PAC 02 - SOS
- PAC 03 - Transfer out
- PAC 04 - Transfer in
- PAC 09 - Salary Revision
- PAC 12 - Status field change
- PAC 13 - T-SOS
- PAC 14 - RE-TOS
- PAC 15S - On going leave stop
- PAC 18 - Entitlements
See Appendix A for a description of the edit messages.
3.2 As a result of the relocation of the Salary Service edits, client departments will be responsible for correcting their input if discrepancies are identified between their input and the S/S Master file. If the S/S Master file is found to be in error, and the data cannot be corrected within the RPS, the client department must contact the Pay Office to correct S/S.
Client departments using the On-line input method will view their reject messages and S/S Master on-line.
Batch clients will receive their reject messages on hard copy with either a partial or complete S/S snapshot of the account.
3.3 New Edit messages have been created. If a discrepancy exists between the on-line transaction being input and S/S, the transaction will reject upon creation. If a discrepancy exists between a batch transaction and the S/S, a reject message and either a full or partial snapshot of the S/S master will be produced.
Refer to Personnel-Pay Input Manual (PPIM) 7-3-3-2 for a list and description of the edit messages.
Effective April 1, 1997, the following new procedures are to be followed:
4.1 When a reject occurs that is caused by a discrepancy between existing information on the S/S master file and the transaction being input, an analysis and comparison by the client department is to be performed to ascertain the nature of the incorrect data. If the S/S master file is found to be in error the client department will advise the Pay Office who will create the necessary actions to correct the master on an urgent basis. Once the S/S master has been corrected the original transaction will require re-input by the client department.
If the transaction itself is found to be in error then the client department can correct the problem on-line immediately based on the error identified.
For more information regarding the correction process refer to the input instructions in the Personnel - Pay Input Manuals changes: PPIM AMENDMENT No. 41 (Volumes IV , V) and No. 48 (Volumes I, II, III) dated February 1997.
5.1 Any request for information regarding the foregoing should be addressed to your PWGSC Compensation Services Office.
Original Signed by
Government Operational Service
Reference: CJA 9020-40
APPENDIX A - EDIT MESSAGES
- WS6 - Fld. 34 Blank, 1 or 2 Imposed Based on Employee Code
- R17 - Invalid NSW Ind for Employment Equity (EE) Type
- R78 - Date in Field 63 Not = Date on Master
- Q21 - Account Already Exists on S/S
- Q22 - No Current Ident Record for Account
- Q23 - Partial Recovery Period not Found
- Q24 - Transfer Account Already Exists on S/S
- Q25 - Personal Record Identifier (PRI) Change Rejected - Duplicate Account
- Q26 - No Salary Service Account Found
- Q27 - Trans. Rejected-Appropriate S/S Line Cannot be Found
- Q28 - Trans Eff to Date Eff From Date on S/S
- Q29 - Transaction From Date Cannot be Matched
- Q30 - No Matching S/S Record - Contact Pay Office
- Q31 - Account not TSOS on S/S
- Q32 - Rate Base Or Amount Not = S/S Line
- Q34 - No Basic Pay Line Found
- Q35 - Current Line Not Found
- Q36 - Transaction Overlaps an Existing Line
- Q38 - TOS Date Prior to SOS Date on S/S
- Q39 - Transaction From Date < Record Type From Date
- Q40 - Transaction From Date < Oldest Record on SS
- Q42 - Trans Eff. To Date Eff. From Date on S/S
- Date modified: