ARCHIVED CD 2007-025: Information Notice to Employees
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Quebec Personal Tax Credits and Source Deductions — 2008 Taxation Year
The purpose of this notice is to provide you with the Quebec personal tax credits and source deductions for the 2008 taxation year.
The "ministère du Revenu du Québec" (MRQ) has announced the changes to the personal tax credit and source deduction amounts for the 2008 taxation year. The "Source Deductions Return 2008", form TP-1015.3-V (2008-01), has been modified to include the changes below:
- The basic amount will be increased from $9,750 to $10,215.
- The amount transferred from one spouse to the other will be increased from $9,750 to $10,215.
- The line concerning the amount for children of full age enrolled in post-secondary studies has been dropped from the form TP-1015.3-V (2008-01). It has been replaced, on the same form, by the formula in "Work chart 1" which must be completed in order to take advantage of this tax credit.
- The amount for the single-parent family will be increased from $1,465 to $1,485.
- The amount for each minor child engaged in full-time vocational training or in post-secondary studies will be increased from $1,860 to $1,885.
- The basic amount for every other dependant will be increased from $2,705 to $2,740.
- The amount for a person living alone will be increased from $1,180 to $1,195.
- The reduction threshold used to calculate net family income (this income is used to calculate the amount with respect to age, for a person living alone or for retirement income) will be increased from $29,290 to $29,645.
- The amount for a severe and prolonged impairment in mental or physical functions will be increased from $2,295 to $2,325.
If you had claimed any of the above credits in the past, you are encouraged to complete a new TP-1015.3-V (2008-01) form.
For additional information, please contact the MRQ. A list of the MRQ offices can be found at the following Internet address: Revenu Québec
If you are claiming the basic amount only, or the basic amount and the amount transferred from one spouse to the other, your tax credit amounts will be adjusted automatically in the Regional Pay System (RPS). If you are not claiming any tax credits or reductions, there will be no adjustment. For employees claiming any other tax credit and reduction amounts, the total of your tax credits and reductions will automatically be increased by an amount of $465. If you feel that your source deductions do not properly reflect your present personal tax situation, you should file a new TP-1015.3-V (2008-01) form. This form is available at the offices of the MRQ or on the Internet at the following address:
Any request for information regarding the content of this document should be addressed to your compensation advisor.
- Date modified: