ARCHIVED CD 2008-002: Information Notice to Employees

Warning This Web page has been archived on the Web.

Archived Content

Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.

Tax slips availability on the compensation web applications

The purpose of this notice is to inform you of enhancements being made to the Compensation Web Applications (CWA).

Effective February 18, 2008, you will have the ability to view and print the following tax slips on the Web via the CWA:

  • T4 - Statement of Remuneration Paid
  • T4A - Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income
  • Relevé 1 - Employment Income and Miscellaneous Income
  • Relevé 2 - Retirement Income and Annuities

These tax slips will be available through the Statement of Earnings (Pay Stub) application, which will be renamed "Statement of Earnings (Pay Stub) and Tax Slips". This application will allow you to view and print tax slips from current and previous departments. In the future, you will be able to access your tax slips for a maximum of seven (7) taxation years, starting with the 2007 taxation year.

All tax slips will continue to be printed and distributed as per the current process. Employees who have access to CWA will also be able to print their own copies. When filing your tax return, you will be able to use either the copy provided to you by your department or a copy printed through the CWA.

Please note that T4A-RCAs, T5s, Relevé 3s, and Statements of Qualifying Retroactive Lump Sum Payments (QRLSP) as well as manually amended T4s will not be displayed because of their low volume.

You will only be able to access this application if you are registered and enrolled in the CWA. If you are not registered, you can do so by selecting the "Getting Started" button at Compensation Sector.

As a registered user of the CWA, you can access your tax slips by performing the following steps:

  1. Select the "Statement of Earnings (Pay Stub) and Tax Slips" link at: Compensation Sector. This link will bring you to the "Welcome" page.
  2. To access your tax slips, click on the "View New Slips" link located under the heading "Tax Slips" in the side menu or on the "Welcome" page itself. This will bring you to a page listing all the tax slips that are available to you for viewing .
  3. To access a specific tax slip, click on the associated link and a screen with all of the details will be displayed.
  4. To view and/or print a copy of your tax slip, click on the "Printable Version" link located at the top of the page and follow the on-line instructions.
General information regarding the tax slips is also available by clicking on the "FAQ on Tax Slips" link located in the side menu.

Any inquiries regarding the contents of your tax slips should be addressed to your departmental compensation advisor.