Strengthening HR-to-Pay: ESDC’s contribution
From Public Services and Procurement Canada
Establish a HR-to-Pay Team within your department for government-wide efforts
- Established and recruited over 50 employees for a PSPC satellite pay office in Winnipeg.
- A dedicated HR-to Pay team was established in July 2016 including HR, HR-Systems & Finance.
- Increased from 6 to 18 full-time employees dedicated to pay liaison functions.
- Hired 10 dedicated ESDC compensation advisors (CAs) and currently recruiting a further 10 CAs.
- Increased from 6 to 21 full-time employees dedicated to financial activities (e.g. section 33, claims against the crown, overpayment/underpayment monitoring and reporting).
Report on your progress on HR-to-Pay stabilization priorities
- ESDC represented at the DM, ADM and DG governance tables.
- DG and Director assigned full-time to support GC HR-to-Pay Integrated Action Plan.
Managers and employees are informed of HR-to-Pay developments
- Bi-weekly departmental wide key user network informed of latest HR-to-Pay developments.
- In 2016-17, eighty-six (86) corporate messages, newsletters and articles were distributed and targeted to various levels of the organization.
- Bargaining agents are kept informed at union management committees (regional and national).
Managers and employees understand their role and responsibilities in HR-to-Pay
- 5,384 emergency salary advances and priority payments for $7.8 million have been issued to date.
- A three-step escalation process for the reporting of pay issues established and incorporated in regular reminders.
- The new OCHRO HR-to-Pay employee and manager training will be launched through the ESDC integrated learning system with participation tracked.
Managers incorporate robust HR-to-Pay practices into their routine
- Bi-weekly section 34 reminders for managers integrated into the log-in for all computers on the departmental network.
- Quarterly reminders to all employees to ensure their section 34 manager is up to date and valid.
- Salary financial forecasting tools deployed and strengthened to assist in identifying over and under payments.
Employees' contact information is up to date
- Quarterly reminders are issued to employees to ensure their contact information is up to date in Peoplesoft