About the Public Service Pay Centre
Learn about the services we offer and how to request a service from our trained compensation professionals.
On this page
Who we serve
We provide services to all departments and agencies served by the Pay Centre. Some institutions manage pay internally. If your institution is not on the following list, you should contact your manager for help with pay-related issues.
We handle all aspects of pay and compensation for indeterminate, casual, term and student employees. This includes:
- regular pay
- acting pay
- employment extensions
- leave without pay
- leave with income averaging
- pre-retirement transition
Before contacting us, please consult our frequently asked questions and pay and changes in your life. You may find the answers to your questions there.
If you have access to the internal government network, you may access many services through the Phoenix pay system. You may:
- view pay stubs
- view tax slips
- change direct deposit details
- enter extra-duty pay (overtime)
- complete timesheet entry
- modify your work schedule
- enter leave without pay up to five days
- enter voluntary deductions
- change coverage to your Public Service Health Care Plan
Log in to Phoenix (accessible only on the Government of Canada network)
By email, post or fax
For any pay service request, you need to submit a pay action request (form 446-5E) to the Public Service Pay Centre.
As a manager, you need to complete a separate form for each employee or a bulk request for multiple employees with the same work or sub-work type.
- Contact the Client Contact Centre
- Enquire about your pay: My Pay Enquiry for general inquiries
Pay action request
- Submit a pay action request: Access, complete and submit the individual or bulk pay action request form
- Understanding work types and sub-types: Consult descriptions of each work type
Tracking the status of your case
Once you have an open case with the Public Service Pay Centre, you may track its progress online using the MyGCPay web application:
Note: Access to the Government of Canada network
If you do not have access to the Government of Canada network, please Enquire about your pay: My Pay Enquiry form to request a status update.
Reference material for managers, human resources and finance
Information on the Phoenix pay system
- Enquire about your pay: My Pay Enquiry
- Phoenix news and updates: Read the summary of Phoenix-related pay issues and what we are doing to address them
- Report a problem with your pay
- Processing times: How long you can expect our services to take
- Service standards: How we approach our service commitment
- How public service pay works: General information about how pay works for federal employees
- Compensation web applications: View and print pay stubs and tax slips issued before your transfer to Phoenix (accessible only on the Government of Canada network)
- Pay Centre forms: Access a list of forms related to your pay, insurance and leave
- Date modified: