Last updated: October 23, 2019
This section describes the roles and responsibilities of the various parties in processing leave with pay.
On this page
- Process description
- Employee responsibilities
- Manager responsibilities
- Human resources responsibilities
- Pay Centre responsibilities
Leave management is the maintenance of an employee’s leave credits based on:
- their leave entitlements as identified in the relevant authorities
- the actual leave they take
The employee is responsible for entering leave with pay in the Human Resources Management System self-service.
The manger is responsible for approving leave with pay in the Human Resources Management System self-service.
Human resources responsibilities
Human resources is responsible for maintaining other systems administered by their department.
Pay Centre responsibilities
The Pay Centre is responsible for maintaining an employee’s leave entitlements and balances. This includes, but is not limited to:
- adjusting leave service dates due to periods of leave without pay that may impact an employee’s leave service dates
- adjusting leave credits on transfer
- finalizing an employee’s leave account on termination of employment by either paying out or recovering leave as per the relevant authorities
- Date modified: