Canada Savings Bond
The Payroll Savings Program allows employees to contribute to a Canada Savings Bonds Payroll Savings Plan at their place of work through automatic payroll deductions via Canada Savings Bonds Online Services.
All departments and organizations now participate in the campaign through the Canada Savings Bonds online web site. Therefore, paper applications are no longer required.
Departmental campaign directors will provide their employees with an organization ID to access the web site. Employees must log in using the ID number of the department or organization through which they are being paid. Employees who have already used the web site will also require their client ID and password to access the site. Once logged in, employees must provide their current pay office and pay list numbers.
This information can be retrieved on your pay stub in Phoenix under field General: Department (pay list and departmental information).
All changes will be made effective the first pay in December.
Reference: Common Human Resources Business Process 4.01.01
Register online to the Government of Canada Savings Bonds website and following the step by step instructions located in the Employee How-to guide (English Only) found on the Government of Canada Savings Bonds website.
There are three different situations which may apply to the employee:
- Employees actively contributing to the Payroll Savings Plan but new to online services will go to Government of Canada Savings Bonds website under employee and select Canada Savings Bonds Online Services.
- Employees who have never contributed to the Payroll Savings Plan will go to Government of Canada Savings Bonds website under Employee and select Canada Savings Bonds Online Services from the login page, select Register.
- Employees actively contributing to the Payroll Savings Plan but want to amend their contributions will go to Government of Canada Savings Bonds website under employees and select Canada Savings Bonds Online Services, enter your client ID and password, select login. Employee can now view all existing plans from the My Plans screen.
Note: The online process will automatically update the employee’s first pay of December.
This may occur during the automatic transfer.
If errors occur:
- Increase the remaining deductions to compensate for any missed deduction amounts with a written request from the employee
- Stop or decrease existing deductions when provided with a written request from the employee
- Advise employee on the paper form process if employees unable to access online services
- Date modified: