The entitlement process includes starting, stopping or amending.
Entitlements are allowances that result in additions to basic pay. Entitlements could include the following:
- Bilingualism bonus
- Department and classification group specific allowances and entitlements
- Education allowance
- Isolated post allowance
- Maternity and parental allowance
- Statutory holiday premium
- Vacation pay premium
For the purposes of the Roles and responsibilities table, entitlements do not include vacation leave payout.
Reference to the Liquidate leave event for information about vacation leave payouts.
Reference: Common Human Resources Business Process 4.01.02
Isolated post allowance
Complete and submit forms where required.
Maternity and parental
Refer to event leave without pay maternity and parental.
Note: In the event that an employee declines receipt of an entitlement, the employee must send notice by encrypted email, fax or mail to the Pay Centre: Mail facility, including a pay action request form PSPC 446-5E duly completed.
Isolated post allowance
Ensure appropriate forms are completed and submit where required.
- Provide employees with information about departmental processes for entitlements (e.g. on an Isolated post allowance, provide the employee with a comprehensive information package on the isolated posts and government housing directive)
- Ensure all required documentation including the letter of offer (if required)
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of job and personal information rows in the Human Resources Management System and verification of that data
- Ensure that information was received successfully in Phoenix.
- Collect any required documentation and sending to the trusted Source for authentication of the section 34 signature and then sending by encrypted email, fax or mail to the Pay Centre: Mail facility, including a pay action request form PSPC 446-5E duly completed
Section 33 authorization of the transaction in Phoenix.
Note: If there are questions or concerns on a transaction requiring section 33 authorization, finance will contact the Pay Centre in accordance with procedures.
Upon receipt of documentation:
- Ensure that signatures on paper requests transmitted from a departments to Pay Centre are authenticated, for example:
- The section 34 signature is authenticated for all requests affecting financial results and/or manager’s budget before it is sent to the Public Service Pay Centre
- The human resources delegated signature is authenticated for all requests being submitted by departments (excluding direct from employees)
Note: Paper requests submitted directly by employees to Pay Centre, without any departmental signatory requirements are excluded from the trusted source scope.
- Check the trusted source list
- Confirm an employee’s eligibility for entitlements as identified in the letter of offer and when other authoritative documents are received
Upon receipt of authorizing document:
- Enter data (pay transaction) for entitlements not derived automatically from human resources data (e.g. Isolated post allowance) into Phoenix
- Adjust any entitlements (if applicable)
- Date modified: