MyGCPay external access
MyGCPay is a secure web application which provides a simpler, centralized view of your pay and benefits information. This application is for all federal government employees and can be accessed internally through a Government of Canada (GC) network, or externally if you:
- are on leave without pay (including maternity leave, parental leave and long term sick leave)
- are leaving the Public Service (including new retirees and students)
- do not have access to a GC network due to the nature of your work
Links to Phoenix or the Compensation Web Application (CWA) within the MyGCPay will not work through external access as these require access to a GC network (for example, to change your section 34 manager or view archived tax slips). Employees with access to a GC network must connect through internal access.
The first time you use external access, it will take about 10 minutes to set up your account.
- Sign in using the same username and password you use for online banking
- MyGCPay external access uses Sign-In Partners
- None of your personal banking information will be shared with the Government of Canada
- You will temporarily leave the Government of Canada website to connect with your bank
- Create a GCaccounts by providing:
- your personal email address
- your full name
- your preferred language (note that this selection will not result in a change in Phoenix or MyGCPay)
- Enroll in MyGCPay by providing:
The next time you access MyGCPay, you will only be asked to sign in with your banking username and password, connect to your GCaccounts by verifying your email and provide your PRI to validate your identity.
Avoid technical problems
For the best experience, you need to:
- use the latest version of Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome (other browsers compatible with HTML5 and CSS3 may work but are not officially supported by MyGCPay)
- use a computer
Keep your personal information safe
- Be aware of your surroundings when you enter passwords and security codes in public
- Don't give out or share passwords or security codes online or over the phone, even with family
- Log off or sign out of accounts and websites when you are finished; don't just close your browser
If you're experiencing technical problems, try:
- refreshing your browser
- clearing your cache, deleting your cookies and internet history
- restarting your computer
- Some of the information you see in MyGCPay through external access is not real-time data; there's a gap of up to 36 hours between the time that a transaction gets processed and when it is available in MyGCPay
- Public Services and Procurement Canada's Client Contact Centre cannot offer technical support for any difficulties related to your personal devices, internet provider and software suppliers
If your problems persist, contact the Client Contact Centre. Be ready to provide your PRI when you call (Lost or forgotten PRI?).
- Date modified: