Infographic: National War Memorial restored
Canada’s National War Memorial
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)) recently repaired and restored the 77-year-old National War Memorial. The Memorial is the site of Canada’s national Remembrance Day ceremony each year. Here is a glimpse of how PSPC restored the cenotaph.
What did we do?
- demolished, removed and replaced the existing concrete slab
- replaced and repaired damaged pavers
- introduced a waterproofing membrane and ensured proper sloping to drains
- cleaned and repaired the cenotaph masonry
- cleaned all existing bronze figures and re-waxed them with a new protective coating
- Date modified: